Grilled Crappie Tacos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    I will try and post up what she uses when she gets time to write it down. Its pretty simple but oh so good! Friends of ours from Morgan City taught her how to make that. Its great on fried fish, dipping boiled crawfish tails, fish tacos, ect
    interested in this as well, looks dang good.

Comment

In for the sauce as well.

Comment

Love the way you rigged your cooking rack. Lining with foil then venting is a stroke of genius. Can’t wait to give it a try.

Comment

The wife used to use a lot of ketchup, but lately has been hooked on Chik-Fil-A and the sauce they have. She found the recipe on-line for it and is really simple. She likes mild, so I just add some more horseradish or Tabasco if it needs heat.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
          1/4 cup barbecue sauce
          3 Tbsp honey
          2Tbsp yellow mustard
          2 tsp lemon juice

Comment

Ooops, duplicate post.
            Last edited by Blank; 06-17-2020, 05:45 PM. Reason: mistake. double post

Comment

Those look great Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Those look great Michael!
                Thanks Mike! Those were some of those Richland Chambers crappie from the get together

Comment

I just wish I could catch a couple Crappie. Looks Delicious.

Comment

Thanks Blank, I will write down that recipe, and have all the ingredients needed.

Did I miss Momma’s sauce recipe? Post it if you have some time hogslayer78, this has become my new favorite TBH meal to try at dinner time.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                      I just wish I could catch a couple Crappie. Looks Delicious.
                      We are going to Rayburn this weekend chasing crappie. If we catch a bunch you are more than welcome to come by and I will give you some.
                      Last edited by hogslayer78; 06-17-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Looks good!!

Comment

Thanks Mike! Those were some of those Richland Chambers crappie from the get together

Wish I could have made it. I had to settle for pics on the thread. That was the next best thing.

Comment

Wish I could have made it. I had to settle for pics on the thread. That was the next best thing.
                            There is always next year I have made 2 out of 3 crappie fest but never a bownanza! I hope to change that next year. It always falls around the Houston livestock show and we show pigs so its very hard to make for us.
                            Last edited by hogslayer78; 06-17-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

There is always next year I have made 2 out of 3 crappie fest but never a bownanza! I hope to change that next year. It always falls around the Houston livestock show and we show pigs so its very hard to make for us.

Two out of three? Maybe more than that . They've been around for a pretty good while. They did disappear for a spell. But have now come back. We used to have one almost every year many years ago.

Example:

RIP DeadeyeDeb!

Comment

Two out of three? Maybe more than that . They've been around for a pretty good while. They did disappear for a spell. But have now come back. We used to have one almost every year many years ago.

Example:

RIP DeadeyeDeb!
                                Gotcha. Thats a year before my tbh time but I been going since slew picked it up and ran with it a few years ago! I guess the only difference from then to now is we actually caught some crappie lol

Comment

Working...
                                X