Wife got a new toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife got a new toy!

First of all, huge shout out to Live Oak Archery in Bryan Texas. John and the rest of the gang are amazing. Patrick came in on his day off specifically to tune my wife’s new bow. The guy knows his stuff!

After shooting several bows a month ago, Caci decided on the Hoyt RX4. It was between this and the vxr. Vxr was faster but stiffer draw and didn’t balance in her hand and hold as steady as the Hoyt. So RX4 it was! Bow is 55-65 limbs but came in maxed at 69. We tuned it and built arrows based off 69 since she’s able to shoot it rather well. All that’s left is her ghost xv strings with purple serving and white strings. As soon as they come in we will get them on and tuned and she will be ready to start killing! She LOVES this new bow!

I’d say her 30 pin is set! Stacked 3 on a leaf I stuck in a hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yeah! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. Your ol lady is pullin’ 69lbs!?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Nice. Your ol lady is pullin’ 69lbs!?

Yep. It’s a little stiff but she gets it back. 26” DL 420 arrow at 248 FPS. Will probably get a little easier as she shoots more.

Comment

Nice!

Just picked off RX3’s for my wife and daughter. They’re going to be works in progress due to previously made plans but couldn’t pass up the deals.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            Yep. It’s a little stiff but she gets it back. 26” DL 420 arrow at 248 FPS. Will probably get a little easier as she shoots more.

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              Nice!

Just picked off RX3’s for my wife and daughter. They’re going to be works in progress due to previously made plans but couldn’t pass up the deals.

They will love them. I have the rx3 and it’s a shooter! When I’m on I can shoot 2” groups at 70. It’s rare, but it happens. Usually 4” groups at 70. They balance great too. I’ve had zero issues with mine other than a small pop noise on a limb pocket when I draw. I’m sure it’s dry and needs some lube but I haven’t had the time to go to the shop and let them address it.

Comment

Title had me a little worried!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                  They will love them. I have the rx3 and it’s a shooter! When I’m on I can shoot 2” groups at 70. It’s rare, but it happens. Usually 4” groups at 70. They balance great too. I’ve had zero issues with mine other than a small pop noise on a limb pocket when I draw. I’m sure it’s dry and needs some lube but I haven’t had the time to go to the shop and let them address it.

Oh I already know.

I have a blackout Ultra myself and it’s ridiculous.

Looks like your wife’s bow is a storm riser with black limbs which is exactly what I bought for my wife. Actually traded my Helix that I bought from a forum member for my daughter’s RX3, that one’s in Real Tree and needs the most work because she’s short draw and low weight so I need to change the cams out and put 65lb max limbs on it but it’ll work well when I’m done.

Comment

Congrats to her on a great bow!

Comment

You say your wife stacked three on a leaf at 30? That is some fine shooting for sure, and congratulations to her on that nice new bow. Sounds like the guys got her bow tuned right, but then she took it from there. Your wife’s smile says “You bet I love my new bow, now go pull some more arrows for me to shoot”, good luck to her with it.

Comment

Deadly!!

Comment

Awesome bud! Just don’t create bad habits pulling 70lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                            You say your wife stacked three on a leaf at 30? That is some fine shooting for sure, and congratulations to her on that nice new bow. Sounds like the guys got her bow tuned right, but then she took it from there. Your wife’s smile says “You bet I love my new bow, now go pull some more arrows for me to shoot”, good luck to her with it.

You hit the nail on the head. I’m a glorified arrow puller when she’s shooting!

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                              Awesome bud! Just don’t create bad habits pulling 70lbs.

We work on form every time she shoots.

Comment

Working...
                              X