Best vacuum seal bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best vacuum seal bag

Any recommendations? I’m not a frequent user, but just ran out of a factory food saver roll. The food saver brand seems expensive, are there any better alternatives?

Best vacuum seal bag

Following. I bought some off amazon that seemed slightly better quality but wayyyyyy cheaper than retail stores. I’ll see what the brand was.

Last edited by 150class; 06-06-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I like LEM the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Vacmaster 11" roll. Very good bags at a great price.

Comment

I have had VERY good luck with the bags from Weston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I buy from eBay. 100 10”x12” bags for $18 shipped. Have never had a problem unless it’s fowl and there’s sharp bones but I think any would have that problem. They make a ton of different sizes and some have sealed ziplocs on them for jerky and snack stick stuff.

Comment

I bought some off brand from eBay or Amazon. They work but are not the same quality as the food saver brand. They are thinner but stiffer and sometimes don’t seal as well.

Comment

We really like the Cabelas brand bags. They are a full 4-mil thickness, whereas some of the cheaper brands are only 3.5, or even 3-mil and are nylon thread reinforced.. We have a seasonal (smaller) Cabelas store here in town, and just run over and get a 60 pack of assorted size when we need them. $14.99

Comment

Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                    I have had VERY good luck with the bags from Weston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I bought some Weston bags and I’m not a fan of them. Actually thinking about throwing them away I hate them so much. The best I ever used was an off name brand from Walmart, but I can’t find them anymore.

Comment

Always had the best luck with the food saver bags. The others that I've tried don't seem to seal as well and I double seal most things.

Comment

Ziplock has vacuum bags that are good quality. Food saver went cheap and I’ve had them come open when boiling meals in elk camp.

Comment

I've had pretty good luck with Vacmaster. Several different varieties for all of your needs and haven't had any problems. We tend to go through the freezer pretty regular so nothing stays too long......

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            Ziplock has vacuum bags that are good quality. Food saver went cheap and I’ve had them come open when boiling meals in elk camp.
                            Had this happen also, but remember, they are heat sealed. I started just steaming them and have not had a problem.

Comment

Best vacuum seal bag

Originally posted by Ironman View Post

Haven’t had that happen so far with the food saver bags and we meal prep quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X