Tractor Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor Maintenance

Picking up a Kubota L3700SU on Friday. I'm clear on oil changes, but that's all I've done on the old/cheap tractors in the past. How often should Hydraulic filters/fluid be changed out? Is the fluid for the hydrostatic transmission different than the other hydraulic system? It looks like there are two hydraulic fluid filters based on my google searches and I plan on changing those out, just making sure I'm covering everything. 850 hours, but I always assume nothing has been done when buying used.

I bought new last year, a smaller JD hydro-static trans. I changed the oil at 50 hrs and again at 200 hrs. Today at 438 hrs (due at 400) I changed the trans filter, the hydro filter, fuel filter and oil and oil filter again.
    On mine the trans filter and the hydraulic filter are next to each other on the same system, lost about 1.5 qts of fluid with change. The front diff is the only other hydraulic fluid and it is separate from the rest.
    The diesel filter was due at 400 hrs also so did that.

Comment

You might consider buying a shop service manual like this from ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-KUBOTA...0AAOSwCi9Z3TH5

Or you might even be able to find just an owners manual much cheaper. Might be able to find a download online. I am not positive, but I think the hydrostat fluid is different than the hydraulic fluid.

But if you can find a kubota dealership with a good parts manager, they can be a big help. Unfortunately, anything with Kubota written on it is usually expensive.
      Last edited by wickll; 08-04-2020, 03:24 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
      X