Alligator, seven years of waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    If its the same skinner that was there last year, be prepared to wait and wait some more. He was doing it all by himself. We had our gators killed and weighed by 9am and didnt leave from down there till almost 4pm. And he only did one of ours.

I wont be using him again.

Take an old blanket to soak in water to cover your gators with if you plan on using him. I actually put 80lbs of ice in the bottom of my boat and put out gators on
    What kind of boat did yall use?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
      What kind of boat did yall use?

I bought a 15' welded boat with a 25 tiller like 2 weeks before the hunt. Two threads on this topic and I confused yours with the other. We hunted JD murphy. But Ive seen some of the one you drew and something similar would work

Comment

Congrats! I’m jealous! Been putting in for 5 years so hopefully just a few more to go lol. Keep us updated on your hunt!

Comment

JD Gator

Finally !!! Myself and two friends drew James Daughtrey for alligator!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I bought a 15' welded boat with a 25 tiller like 2 weeks before the hunt. Two threads on this topic and I confused yours with the other. We hunted JD murphy. But Ive seen some of the one you drew and something similar would work
            Where did you buy your hooks and line from? Did yall bait with chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
              Where did you buy your hooks and line from? Did yall bait with chicken?
              I ordered from a net company out of Louisiana. I think the name is posted in the other thread. I have an extra hook but I'm not sure I'll get back to it in time or you could have it.

We baited with chicken we put in a section of panty hose. Wife bought a package of quarters. We put 4 baits (2 extra) wrapped in the hose in case they got 2 soft. I also poured a little deer blood left over from dog training and the juice from the chicken bag into the bucket. We did all that Sunday before our hunt on Tue and Wednesday.

Murphy had a no higher than 12" from the water limit.
              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yea! Congratulations sir. Good luck on the hunt and make it live!

Comment

Congrats! I’ll be at murphree 15-16 too. First time drawn...trying to figure out something better than a canoe with a trolling motor, but the guys at the WMA said that’d be fine, although not ideal.
                  I’m pumped- gonna be a blast either way

Comment

Originally posted by rwkiel View Post
                    Congrats! I’ll be at murphree 15-16 too. First time drawn...trying to figure out something better than a canoe with a trolling motor, but the guys at the WMA said that’d be fine, although not ideal.
                    I’m pumped- gonna be a blast either way
                    Good luck down there. The guy at the wma said we would be able to launch a boat, so I'm taking a tracker 175 crappie rig. I bet it's a chore to drag a 8ft gator into a canoe, hopefully you get a giant and just tue him to the side and row back.

Comment

Yeah I doubt I’ll attempt that. The biologist said they’d be happy to help haul it out. I’m still trying to figure out something else though- maybe I’ll meet someone during orientation that wouldn’t mind some company.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                        Congrats I will be at JD Murphree!!
                        What days?

Comment

Any of you guys that drawn JD Murphree want to make some extra $$$

Posted this earlier

HELP! Looking for a Small Boat w/motor to Rent for 2 days. A 13-16 ft boat aluminum is perfectly ok for the Sept 13-14.
                          The boat that we had for this trip fell through. We are willing to rent one for the weekend or even possibly buy one if needed.
                          Can be pick anywhere from Fort Worth all the way down to Port A.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Comment

We'll be at Murphree on the 13-14 also. Last time i drew there, we rented a boat from a local place. I can't remember where though, it's been about 25 years. You may check with the office, they could possibly steer you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                              We'll be at Murphree on the 13-14 also. Last time i drew there, we rented a boat from a local place. I can't remember where though, it's been about 25 years. You may check with the office, they could possibly steer you in the right direction.
                              Awesome, hope to see you down there. Called and they do not know of anyone. If you by chance know of someone I would gladly take any information. I am hoping someone sees the thread that is already down there or willing to have there boat get down there a little bit early... Can’t believe it is this hard to put $$$ in someone’s pocket.

Comment

Can’t believe people put in for a hunt when they don’t have the necessary equipment To do the hunt

Comment

Working...
                                X