Mollejas (sweetbread) tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mollejas (sweetbread) tacos

Hoyt Man taught me how to make em, and they have become my favorite. A lot of people get grossed out by the looks of them raw and while cooking, but the final result is awesome.
    Here’s how I do them.
    Season them up with whatever you want. I use Chupacabra Special Blend. Make a makeshift foil pan from 2 pieces of foil folded several times in the middle. Put seasoned sweetbreads in foil with a stick or so of salted butter. Cook over direct coals flipping them every once in a while until butter is almost gone. (This is basically boiling them in butter). Then take them out and put them directly on the grate to firm them up. When they have a pretty good crust, lightly baste with BBQ sauce. I use Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle. Slice up, put on a corn tortilla with whatever you want to dress em with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can make myself sick eating too many of those...tripas done right makes a good partner.

Comment

Hmmm. I've been tempted, but have not yet convinced myself to cook up a batch.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Come on down the road and I’ll cook you some. Lol
        I’m a very picky person and I love them [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I can make myself sick eating too many of those...tripas done right makes a good partner.

I’ve had tripas once and they weren’t bad. But of course, a lot of adult beverages were consumed beforehand. Lol

Comment

Maybe I should cook up a batch at Bownanza. Lol

Comment

Love them! Yours look waaaay better than mine.

Comment

Looks really good!!! May need to give that way a try.

This is exactly how I do it and copied this to a T.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                  Maybe I should cook up a batch at Bownanza. Lol
                  THAT would make a great breakfast start to the day...hmm??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    THAT would make a great breakfast start to the day...hmm??

Yes it would! But we’re first leaving the house Saturday morning. But just say the word and I’ll bring everything to whoop some up during the day.

Comment

When I was young my grandma would fry them in cornmeal like fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Wence View Post
                        When I was young my grandma would fry them in cornmeal like fish.

I’ve heard that too, but never tried them that way. I’m sure they’re just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

You are missing out . Great eating ,just like calf fries . People love them till they find out what they are .

Comment

**** that looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                              Yes it would! But we’re first leaving the house Saturday morning. But just say the word and I’ll bring everything to whoop some up during the day.
                              No twisting my arm as I'm in with both feet, but unfortunately in no place to give any go ahead...we are several hours away being in the valley & don't have any muscle with the needed hardware to help arrange. If anyone has any ideas, I'm game.

Comment

Working...
                              X