Do you have a YouTube channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a YouTube channel?

I frequent a couple other archery forums and it seems that quite a few folks have their own YT channel. Some are just shooting and looking for critique on their form or video editing. The majority of them aren't showing anything special, or even interesting really. Watch them shooting, sometimes well but many times not. Poor camera work and editing. I know everyone has to learn and there is a curve. Goodness knows I would stink at it.
    Few are true competitive archers or coachs. Few have even decent hunting videos.
    Guys like FND or Killerbee are the exception it seems.
    Just interesting what people post and say "visit my YouTube channel".

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I frequent a couple other archery forums and it seems that quite a few folks have their own YT channel. Some are just shooting and looking for critique on their form or video editing. The majority of them aren't showing anything special, or even interesting really. Watch them shooting, sometimes well but many times not. Poor camera work and editing. I know everyone has to learn and there is a curve. Goodness knows I would stink at it.
    Few are true competitive archers or coachs. Few have even decent hunting videos.

We do but it doesn’t have anything to do with hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Yes.

You are correct that there is a learning curve. Even the guys (and girls) that are doing it well started out small and most likely produced some cringe-worthy videos before they found a niche, became comfortable in front of the camera or learned better techniques and started growing their channels. I'm sure most of those had their detractors that questioned why they were sharing crappy videos.

The best advice I heard is something along the lines of "Make crappy videos until they're good, then make good videos until they're great." I feel like I'm somewhere in the middle of that spectrum (and I'm still not immune to making and sharing a cringe-worthy video, on occasion) I continue to make videos in an effort to improve my camera work and editing skills.

Join me, my family and friends for anything and everything outdoors! You may find us hunting, camping, fishing, hiking, kayaking, cooking or just experimenting with different gear in the great outdoors!
      Last edited by Michael; 05-03-2021, 01:07 PM.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I do but only to host videos that are too long to send by text. Also use it to post videos online because I am too old to figure out how the cool kids do it these days.

Comment

I have one, but I just post to share here and other places. I've done some more involved ones back when TBH had video contests and I've done some that just take you through the shot. I haven't done the speaking on camera thing as I just haven't made the effort. I do try to get all my shots on video though although I have messed up more than my fair share or the deer/turkey was on me at 10-12 yards before I knew it and couldn't get to my camera. Plus I have some pieces/ parts so I can share the video here of some various stuff to help folks like how the ASF timed protein feeder feeds etc etc.. I guess you could call it a hodge podge . With my newly rekindled love of bowhunting pigs and turkeys, I've tried to do better lately.

SmartOutdoors

https://www.youtube.com/user/SmartThwackkk1/featured
          Last edited by Smart; 05-03-2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

We have one. Some hunting. Miscellaneous stuff.

Two retired public servants living out our dreams by moving out of the big city to 21 wooded acres in Leon County, TX. Please follow along as we learn a little, pass on a little, and live a lot. We raise TAMUK Composite meat rabbits, jumbo coturnix quail, Freedom Ranger meat chickens, and other domestic animals to make us less reliant on the stores. We are dabbling in gardening, hunting, tractoring, and just enjoying life.

Comment

Great feedback. I hadn't thought of it as the easier means to post a video. I appreciate the replies.

Comment

I have one...

Come and enjoy the African Outdoors with your host. Gerhard Delport Outdoor enthusiasts- Southern Africa is my playground

I learn a lot of stuff with every video I make.

Love to share some of my experiences with like minded people around the world...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd like to have one.................
                  But, I don't know how..........
                  I'd sure like to talk with someone................

Comment

I have one, but it's mostly used as a memory saver for me. I don't edit, upload clips that is like to remember later on and most videos are spur of the moment phone captures. Maybe one day I'll start doing it the right way, but for now, it's just fun.

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I also think if you don't look back and cringe at what you did a year ago, you aren't growing. :-)

liveitfull.com

I cringe at my writing from a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Yes.

You are correct that there is a learning curve. Even the guys (and girls) that are doing it well started out small and most likely produced some cringe-worthy videos before they found a niche, became comfortable in front of the camera or learned better techniques and started growing their channels. I'm sure most of those had their detractors that questioned why they were sharing crappy videos.

The best advice I heard is something along the lines of "Make crappy videos until they're good, then make good videos until they're great." I feel like I'm somewhere in the middle of that spectrum (and I'm still not immune to making and sharing a cringe-worthy video, on occasion) I continue to make videos in an effort to improve my camera work and editing skills.

Mike, I had a good laugh came across your quilt video on youtube and was like dang this guy seems familiar. Then I saw your username and put two and two together. The video was helpful!

-Jack
                        Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 05-03-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                          I do but only to host videos that are too long to send by text. Also use it to post videos online because I am too old to figure out how the cool kids do it these days.
                          This is the only reason I have one.

Comment

I have one. I'm trying to get videos out there but I'm not as lucky as some that have multiple places to hunt or have target rich environments. I'm still sticking to it though. My day will come.

Comment

I have considered it, just as a means to host videos of my son doing things, or occasionally of some kind of DIY thing I may be doing. I haven't yet partly because I don't enjoy figuring out that type of thing, and because I realize it's going to draw unwanted comments that I may or may not get myself in trouble replying to.

I really need to do it, and just keep it hidden or whatever. I had to get Smart to host a couple for me last week just to post them here.

Comment

Working...
                              X