Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Barketts is open but not what it was
    Where did Barketts move to? The restaurant that I went to back in the day is now a Dollar General.

Comment

For fishing, Captain Nathan Beabout.

Comment

La Terraza is pretty darn good Mexican food and they do a good job when you bring your fish. Bayflats does a good job with the food also and it is a very nice place.

Comment

I ate lunch at La Terraza yesterday and it was really good.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
            Where did Barketts move to? The restaurant that I went to back in the day is now a Dollar General.
            I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Now that i think of it it is Dollar General. It went downhill about 10 years ago and i never paid attention. But now I can see the new store there. Seadrift has changed alot.

Comment

Barrett’s had the best crab fingers I’ve ever had. I miss that place

Bubbas is good. La Terraza is good but all I’ve ever had is breakfast

Is shrimp shack open? I always wanted to try it but never made it past bubbas on the way in from POC for evening meal.

Josie’s used to have outstanding grilled bring your fish but it’s been several years since I’ve eaten anything there.

Does bayflats have a regular restaurant now or do you have to be staying there.

Comment

Bay Flats is nice. Great accomidations and food. My experience fishing has been less than I hoped for.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                    For fishing, Captain Nathan Beabout.
                    This the fella with one arm? If so he's a hoot and I'd highly recommend him.

He was guiding for Castaway lodge when we fished with him some years back. Great outfit for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post

He was guiding for Castaway lodge when we fished with him some years back. Great outfit for sure!
                      No, thats James Cunningham. Dude can out fish and drive a boat better than most folks with two arms. Had a blast with James last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post

Nathan has both arms and is a hell of a fisherman. He mainly wades with plastics but I have seen that he has started doing navigational trips on customer boats as well.

Comment

I’ve been to Bay Flats Lodge a couple times. Food and fishing were great!

Comment

Originally posted by NSpannTX View Post
                            No, thats James Cunningham. Dude can out fish and drive a boat better than most folks with two arms. Had a blast with James last summer.
                            That's right! He's a character for sure and is as good as they come.

Comment

For eats go to 5D Steakhouse in POC.

Comment

I would steer clear of the Shrimp Shack. When there a couple of months ago and the seafood tasted frozen.

La Terza is pretty good, especially for the area.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X