Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have y’all done about this before??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a sewer vent issue, anything dead would be over by now. Look in the attic for a vent that is open.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      Man....I’ve searched up and down. I can see in the attic where it smells the most in the room and there is nothing there. I’m starting to believe more and more it’s coming from under the concrete foundation. Whatever was in that tunnel got trapped and died. I’m thinking a possum and her babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      What tunnel? Did I miss something where you described tunnel work under your foundation? Never mind, I just reread the OP.

If this smell is still occurring for a month then it is not a mouse, doubt a squirrel would even smell this long.
      Last edited by JES; 04-23-2021, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Are you on Natural Gas or Propane/Butane?

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
          You have a sewer vent issue, anything dead would be over by now. Look in the attic for a vent that is open.

Man I thought that too.........but it really doesn’t smell like sewer. It smells like legit rotting animal. I just had the full septic replaced with aerobic. When I pull the clean out, it does smell like sewer. But it’s a different smell that what we are smelling.

Comment

Dig out the tunnel again

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post

Originally posted by darralld View Post
              So you can smell it coming out one of the roof vents? Can you turn on the hose & run it down the vent & let it run for a minute & see if it cleans it out? Might have a dead squirrel in one of the vents.

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
              If it is still stinking after close to a month, it is bigger than a rat or you have a sewer problem.

You guys got me digging deeper today. I smell a hint coming from 2 toilets at the floor and also in the attic behind one of the toilets. This toilet has a ceiling cavity that is over my room 12’ away. I need to get a plumber to do some poking around. I’m gonna start a thread and put out some feelers.

Comment

Yep had a mouse or something die in the wall by my bed. Pretty unpleasant to say the least. Lasted for few weeks too but went away

Comment

Working...
                X