The unknown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The unknown...

I’m thinking of not using cameras this year. We already don’t use feeders, so I thinking why not try not using cameras & see what happens.

How many of y’all don’t use cameras?? I may fall under pressure but I’m leaning hard towards not using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say this every year and end up not sticking to it.

Comment

If not seeing good deer on camera demoralizes you, which is does for some, then don’t use them.

If it doesn’t bother you, use them. They’re a tool. Can at least help you pin point times, directions deer are coming from.

Comment

That's "Old School" BNR! Go for it.

Comment

I kinda miss the good old days of no trail cameras. We’d show up a month before opening day and fill feeders up for the first time since December, clear a little brush and do some blind work, and that was all we’d do preparing for deer season. Opening morning always felt like Christmas morning seeing all the bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
            I’m thinking of not using cameras this year. We already don’t use feeders, so I thinking why not try not using cameras & see what happens.

How many of y’all don’t use cameras?? I may fall under pressure but I’m leaning hard towards not using them.

would this not mean you have to stalk hunt, and truly HUNT for the animal? wow! just wondering how this could ever work..

Comment

You can use my old game cam. Get to the lease Friday, top off feeder, pull film out of cam, haul arse to town and a 1hr photo. Just to see pics of birds, rabbits and squirrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                You can use my old game cam. Get to the lease Friday, top off feeder, pull film out of cam, haul arse to town and a 1hr photo. Just to see pics of birds, rabbits and squirrels.
                Lol, had one of these, so true

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                  I kinda miss the good old days of no trail cameras. We’d show up a month before opening day and fill feeders up for the first time since December, clear a little brush and do some blind work, and that was all we’d do preparing for deer season. Opening morning always felt like Christmas morning seeing all the bucks.

X2

Comment

Been hunting this palace a few years & the only surprise deer I had was the first buck I killed there. The only reason he was a surprise cause he never had shown up before. I thought he was different deer when I shot him. And last here’s deer was just a appt time. I new when he’d be there or in the area. Now I still got pumped but I think not knowing what’s out there maybe little bit more exciting.
                    The shoulder mount was a surprise, didn’t have a single picture of him. The Euro was my appt buck. New when & where he was coming through.

Comment

just the way we was brought up down south, not stands no feeders, get up early walk the fence row then cut in across..... rarely ever failed to get something stirred up
                      the good ol'days for sure

Comment

Heck, I don't even pull the SD cards on my cameras half the time. To me, yes, it is nice, but very rarely does it matter. Just because I'm in the blind doesn't mean a buck I had on camera is going to show up. Just because a buck isn't on camera doesn't mean he won't show up. Either way, I'm sitting and hunting and enjoying it. Whatever shows up is what I have to work with. Nothing on my camera changes what is actually in front of me. Not going to say it can't be useful, cause it is, but just that it really doesn't make that much of a difference in my hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                          Lol, had one of these, so true
                          I still have mine.

Comment

We don't use trail cameras either. That means that I have to 'hunt' for my buck. I have to stay awake and actually hunt for a deer. I don't set the 'snooze' alarm on my phone and have it go off just before my appt. buck shows up. To me, that's not hunting. May be old school, but it makes for a lot more interesting conversations back at camp.

Comment

Horrible idea. Use lots of cams... and mount them all on T posts!

Comment

Working...
                              X