That's a First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a First

Sitting in my stand reading a book. Look up and there's a big @ss boar at about 40 yards. Grab the suppressed 300blk and open the window only to see a nice 8 pt buck at about 30 yards. Watched them watch each other for a little while and decided to pass on the buck. Squeezed a head shot off on the boar and he bolted, I know I hit him cause I could see blood squirting through the scope. Buck trotted off about 20 yards, looked around and then walked right back to the feeder. Holding out for a doe or two to show up, I don't want to shoot this buck, he would be a good first buck for my 14 year old.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Awesome

Comment

I shot a hog facing me directly between the eyes. He dropped and then he got up stumbling and I put another in his ear to finally get him to lay down.

Comment

This one was broad side and I was aiming at his ear. Who knows, still have plenty of light left and feeder hasn't gone off yet, they're just on hand corn. If no luck on deer I'll look for the hog, he's freaking huge.

Comment

Buck still at 20 yards just having his fill of corn.

Comment

Cool experience. Good luck on the recovery. That buck looks young and would be good for a young man. Good job Ag.

Comment

That cool he came right back.

Comment

No luck on recovery of the hog. I tracked pretty decent blood for quite a way and then I found a big blood clot and nothing else. Oh well, wasn't an eater, he was a big nasty boar. Maybe the buzzards will help tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X