No announcement yet.

Hunt this wind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in. The wind is at my back in the pop up. Not bad in here but it is windy. Been here for about 45 minutes. Only a few birds so far. Feeder just went off.

Comment

I don’t know your setup but wouldnt a wind at you back mean the deer will be downwind of you?

Comment

I was just buttoning up all the loose stuff around here when the wind came hauling in, temp dropped fast. I go in the house and look out the window....2 bucks chasing a doe all around the back yard, past my blind, past my tree stands, so yea, they are out there!

Comment

I'm in it. Didn't feel good in the stand so moved to the ground.already 29 and will be 19 in the morning.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
            I don’t know your setup but wouldnt a wind at you back mean the deer will be downwind of you?
            If the deer follow normal routes they will come in from up wind and walk out in front of me. I have good scent blocker clothes on and doe estrus in and outside of blind. About my only option. My south wind setup is 20feet up facing north and that ain’t happening.

Comment

Should really move after all this rain/sleet moves out. Wind is supposed to lay tomorrow afternoon and deer will be trying to make up for laying up most of a day. Rut activity should really pick up this week as I am seeing mature bucks cruising. Several mature ones have been hit on the road over the last couple of days.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Hunted this morning and killed one of my target bucks....crown and water and the fireplace is calling me this evening.

Comment

I seen a 165 killed in Kansas last week on a day it was 26 degrees with a 23 mph wind.

Comment

I am in the blind in Kerr co. Almost hit 5 deer just driving g the 12 miles to the ranch gate. They are moving here

Comment

You guys make me jealous. I'm sweating over here. Seriously...

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wind is howling here. I’m not in a blind so there’s that. It’s cold but not unbearable.

I’m not expecting much action. But it beats the couch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen 4 pretty good bucks moving today with their nose to the ground today, while I was working.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I made it to stand in Navarro. Not the preferred stand I wanted but was not enough time to get where I wanted. Better than nothing.

Comment

Just had a yearling doe bust through the food plot. Now where did momma go? She may be on lock down

Comment

4.30pm today, winds at 30+ now,higher gust, and I got 4 doe out in front of my stand pickin acorns

Comment

Working...
                                X