No announcement yet.

2019/2020 bosque county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That buck with the split 2 has a body on him. How much do you think he weighs or how much do similarly aged deer weigh in you experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
      That buck with the split 2 has a body on him. How much do you think he weighs or how much do similarly aged deer weigh in you experience?

He will be the largest bodied buck we have ever killed off the river grounds if Breck is lucky enough to get him on the ground.

He should weigh 180 - 200 lbs and no, on average our bucks the same age or not as heavy.

Hopefully we will be weighing him Saturday evening.

Rwc

Comment

Good luck to y’all

Comment

Tad slow in Bosque and McLennan Counties last few days. Moon is not helping and Oaks are dropping at a record rate.

By the looks of the early entry’s into the Clifton Chambers Big Buck contest, my grounds are not the only grounds lacking mature deer movement....ha ha

Best of luck to all.

Rwc
          Last edited by Rwc; 11-10-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Haven’t seen deer since opening morning. It’s been slooooooow? Good luck y’all!!!

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I may not count but I hunt public land in Bosque county. Been a slow morning had one fork horn buck probably 11 inches wide at 24 yards this morning. Nothing else so far

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                I may not count but I hunt public land in Bosque county. Been a slow morning had one fork horn buck probably 11 inches wide at 24 yards this morning. Nothing else so far
                I have my fingers crossed that when this moon starts to roll over, things will pick back up.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post

Heck yeah you count!! Your doing better than me this weekend.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                    I have my fingers crossed that when this moon starts to roll over, things will pick back up.

Rwc

Maybe this heavy freeze that’s supposed to be coming this week will help also.

Comment

I have acorns crashing down in Navarro. More than I have ever seen in my two yrs there.
                      Activity was pretty good until about a week ago. Very slow now. They are still hitting food plots a little but corn is piling up at most feeders. Hunted a tree line today and rattled. Got a two yr old to come in and make a scrape. That’s about my highlight of the week. Most buck activity has been at night.

Comment

Well it was in interesting weekend for sure. Friday I was out by myself and had a decent looking Buck running a Doe behind me at 9:45. Just happened to turn around to fix my seating and seen him. Saturday I seen 2 Doe running and that was it. My BIL missed a beautiful 9 we have at 20 yards (shot high). He came flying in at 1020 on 6 Doe nose down. Land owner started burning brush piles yesterday evening and it was all smoke so no deer. Today I didn’t see anything moving but cattle and my BIL once again crapped on another 20 yard opportunity with a big 6 we have. He got busted moving and nada. Zero corn is being hit and cams don’t show much since the 3rd.

**Rant**
                        So the land owner picked up a Donkey last week and I had 620 cam photos of this Donkey on my feeders eating all of it up. He had them timed when they go off morning and evening. I spoke to the land owner and told him “man that donkey sure is eating good!” And he tells me “aww man, just shoot the **** thing then. I don’t like him anyways”. I figured the Donkey was the reason we are not seeing much but after reading posts, everyone is hurting sounds like.

Comment

In addition, Acorn heaven at our place so no need for corn. Trail cams are dry and no patter with them chasing. Hoping the moon phase coming kicks them back into gear.

Comment

FYI, Deer are starting to get back on there feet during day light. Not as much chasing around the house as last 10 days but activity has picked up.

Rwc

Comment

I’m thinking about sitting tonight if the weather doesn’t keep me at work

Comment

I sat last night and only saw one Little young buck. Still had acorns raining all around me and very little daytime movement on game cams. I had zero legal bucks on camera at all. I have a feeling the day hunters around me have contributed to that some.

Comment

Working...
                                X