Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 blackland prairies thread, Ellis, Navarro, hill heck even north side freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading out tomorrow night! Saturday is looking great! Good luck guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck everyone! I got to the field about 3:30, buck I have been watching on cam has been here all day hanging with a doe. Doubt it’s full rut but from what I could see on cams several bucks looked to be searching. Take that grunt/bleat and rattling antlers.

Comment

I’m in the stand, hoping for some Sunday luck!

How did everyone fair this weekend?

Comment

In the stand right now!
          Last night saw a six point chasing a doe and before that a spike. This morning just a small six.
          By the looks of my cards the buck movement slowed this past week vs the precious two.

Comment

Only a doe and fawn for me, gonna try a different stand in am.

Comment

Scouted my land near Avalon. Some sign. Hung 3 cameras. Was going to place a couple of stands and hand corn the cameras but family emergency cut the trip short. I'll get back out there after the duck opener. I've got a couple places to plant this spring if the place doesn't sell. Tank had water in it and some tracks in and out. Found some rubs but no scrapes yet. I may take my hang on down there one day next week and see what walks around. Son said he busted a deer but wasn't sure what it was.

The good news is it doesn't appear anyone has been hunting it, at least the west end. Didn't have time to scout the east side.

Hope everyone had good luck this weekend and for the rest of the season.

Comment

Anyone get out this weekend? Feeder activity has come to a halt the last week. Acorns are falling hard. Even my hand corn spots still had corn on the ground.
                Rattled up a 2yr old this am. He came in and made a scrape. Most good buck activity is at night and not much of that.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  Anyone get out this weekend? Feeder activity has come to a halt the last week. Acorns are falling hard. Even my hand corn spots still had corn on the ground.
                  Rattled up a 2yr old this am. He came in and made a scrape. Most good buck activity is at night and not much of that.

Same here for feeder activity. The hogs have even slowed down on the feeders. It will pick back up soon

Comment

Not sure about that, most of my water oaks have only dropped about half of their acorns. Unless we get some severe wind storms I bet they are dropping for another couple weeks. I Have been trying to pattern deer off feeders but there is so much feed pigs and de alike are hit or miss.

Comment

Not sure about that, most of my water oaks have only dropped about half of their acorns. Unless we get some severe wind storms I bet they are dropping for another couple weeks. I Have been trying to pattern deer off feeders but there is so much feed pigs and de alike are hit or miss.

Hoping this wind we’re getting over the next couple days will knock some down.
                      Most of deer on my camera are coming in during the middle of the day.

Comment

It’s usually the beginning of December before we see consistent activity on the feeders again.

Comment

I'm only feeding a few days a week. Realized this weekend my trail cam wasn't working. Then I decided the weather was too nice so I went fishing instead. I am still thinking about taking a full week off at Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

This pic says it all, unpenned feeder and not even the pigs are hitting it. I turned it down a little this weekend. I may turn down more today.

Comment

Cold front got em moving again hopefully

Comment

This pic says it all, unpenned feeder and not even the pigs are hitting it. I turned it down a little this weekend. I may turn down more today.
                                I assume that is your food plot. We have a ton of green still at our place. Winter rye and lots of other green stuff. I thought it almost looked like spring except for the trees.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X