Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 blackland prairies thread, Ellis, Navarro, hill heck even north side freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep us updated, I may try to slip out there Friday for a pm hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      Keep us updated, I may try to slip out there Friday for a pm hunt.

Right now we have zero shooters. I have a Spartan at my set so I stay up to date on what is coming in there. Im not sure what is going on this year we usually can count on 3-4 shooters pretty consistently. Still no shooters for you yet?

Comment

Saw three bucks this weekend from the porch. Still traveling with other bucks. One nice 8 point shooter. I won't get to hunt this weekend though. Good luck to you boys!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          Saw three bucks this weekend from the porch. Still traveling with other bucks. One nice 8 point shooter. I won't get to hunt this weekend though. Good luck to you boys!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ours are still grouped up as well.

Comment

Keep in mind my spartan cam misses more pictures than it takes. Fun to get some pictures right away but the cameras lacks in quality. The odds of catching a mature buck are much lower. I've filled feeders before and no picture was taken.

Comment

Great looking food plot no-tox

Comment

I finally had a shooter come in end of last week but like others I had seen 0 all summer. Normally i see 2-3 at least once or twice in sept and oct but has been really slow for bigger deer, glad it wasn't just me. I was getting worried

Comment

Deer are coming to the feeders better then I have seen. Food plots are up and looking good. Few decent bucks on cam but no monsters like I usually get on camera by now. Trinity River. Did see a buck running a doe the other night.

Comment

I finally had a shooter show up last week as well. It’s usually the end of November/early December before we start seeing bigger bucks more consistently. The cold weather this weekend will help though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                      Keep in mind my spartan cam misses more pictures than it takes. Fun to get some pictures right away but the cameras lacks in quality. The odds of catching a mature buck are much lower. I've filled feeders before and no picture was taken.
                      Really? Mine is pretty consistent with the normal Bushnell right next to it. I have the Spartan set off a ways so I can see what is going on around both of my feeders. I have the Bushnell closer for the close up shots.

Comment

I have not had good luck with them. I currently have three out, two working. I get constant pictures of shadows moving all day and several times the camera didn't capture me at the feeder for over 10 minutes. The one not working drains a new 6V battery in a day, with two solar panels on it. I've warrantied 3 cameras so far. I've sat in a blind and watched deer 3 yards in front of the camera and no picture. oh well, still get numerous pictures every day from the two that somewhat work so it still amuses me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                          I have not had good luck with them. I currently have three out, two working. I get constant pictures of shadows moving all day and several times the camera didn't capture me at the feeder for over 10 minutes. The one not working drains a new 6V battery in a day, with two solar panels on it. I've warrantied 3 cameras so far. I've sat in a blind and watched deer 3 yards in front of the camera and no picture. oh well, still get numerous pictures every day from the two that somewhat work so it still amuses me.

That is crazy. Are they older cameras? I mean still not an excuse, but may be part of it. My 6v last just over 3 months. It is not on a solar panel as I have it under a tree in the shade to keep the sun off of it during the summer.

Comment

Made a quick trip out to set another pop up and add feed. Movement is still decent, looks like we have had 4-5” of rain since last Monday and it started raining pretty good again while I was there. Should be a really good weekend. I’m gonna try to hunt at least Friday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                              That is crazy. Are they older cameras? I mean still not an excuse, but may be part of it. My 6v last just over 3 months. It is not on a solar panel as I have it under a tree in the shade to keep the sun off of it during the summer.
                              I dont know age, 3-4 years, Two run continuously on 6v with 2 solars. One faces south and is in the shade after 2pm, takes pictures constantly on sunshine day.

Comment

Good luck to you Blackland hunters this weekend! I miss my place in Navarro...

Comment

Working...
                                X