Hurricane in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    still coming down here in Beaumont. Like others have mentioned there have been enough breaks in between to allow it to drain down in most areas.

Something else to consider, a lot of the flooding here during Harvey came from bayous and rivers that were catching the rain north of here. Those areas aren't getting hit as hard as they did in Harvey either.

Sorry to hear about that JLivi. Hopefully the rain will slack up enough to keep it from getting back in your house.
    Thanks guys. Our other sales guy at work just met me with a couple sump pumps and hose. We’ll see.

Comment

Thanks guys. Our other sales guy at work just met me with a couple sump pumps and hose. We’ll see.
      I hope everything works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Beaumont doing ok. Port Arthur and groves (where I live) not so much. Stalled cars and rising water. My house is close to taking water again.

Edit: I guess I should say that the places in Beaumont that I know of are doing OK.
        Sorry to hear that. That’s terrible news. I am in Lumberton just a few miles north of Beaumont. Still raining here. We just moved back in Friday from Harvey. Still have 4 days until our flood insurance kicks in...Hopefully this thing moves to somewhere that needs rain. We obviously don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post

Something else to consider, a lot of the flooding here during Harvey came from bayous and rivers that were catching the rain north of here. Those areas aren't getting hit as hard as they did in Harvey either.
          I was going to say the same thing.

Comment

Trying to stay dry in Bridge City, took 4" of water in the garage with our new appliances inside, hopefully they will be ok. We were able to move all of the trim and interior doors inside to a dry spot. We have a little coming inside a few areas so we will see how it fares.

We have 3 houses that have water in our neighborhood, one just got their sheetrock installed last week. I can't believe we are dealing with this after 6" of rain. We got 51" in Harvey and only got 4" in the house. Something is not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Trying to stay dry in Bridge City, took 4" of water in the garage with our new appliances inside, hopefully they will be ok. We were able to move all of the trim and interior doors inside to a dry spot. We have a little coming inside a few areas so we will see how it fares.

We have 3 houses that have water in our neighborhood, one just got their sheetrock installed last week. I can't believe we are dealing with this after 6" of rain. We got 51" in Harvey and only got 4" in the house. Something is not right.

This is horrible. Sorry to hear this. Any construction on roads nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No construction other than several houses being built on anthills

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Man I hate this! Prayers for you guys on the other side of the bridge.

Comment

So far 9 plus at shop in taft. 7 in sinton. Still raining now.

Comment

I’m South of Victoria, our house is sitting at 7+ inches of rain. Looks like another band is coming thru soon.

I will say, we got 5” up until last night and you could hardly tell. It was beyond dry and well needed.

Comment

Is this over for the Houston area? Still can’t believe all the rain around and it largely missed the entire greater Houston area.

Comment

A foot of water in my garage here in Port A. Still coming down strong. Depressing, we just can’t get ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            Is this over for the Houston area? Still can’t believe all the rain around and it largely missed the entire greater Houston area.

Here in Clear Lake we've had less than 2 inches total since Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marlinboy33 View Post
                              A foot of water in my garage here in Port A. Still coming down strong. Depressing, we just can’t get ahead.
                              Prayers up. Let us know if you need anything.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X