Amazon In-Car Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon In-Car Delivery

Have you guys seen this? I just got a message from Onstar that said I could sign up for in-car delivery from Amazon. The way it works is that you order something from Amazon, tell them where your car is, and when they get there, Onstar opens the doors for them and they put it in your car. Then Onstar locks the car back up.

I don't know about you, but I ain't voluntarily letting anyone in my car without me present...not to mention that this is just a little too invasive for me to accept.

Originally posted by TigerBob View Post
    Have you guys seen this? I just got a message from Onstar that said I could sign up for in-car delivery from Amazon. The way it works is that you order something from Amazon, tell them where your car is, and when they get there, Onstar opens the doors for them and they put it in your car. Then Onstar locks the car back up.

I don't know about you, but I ain't voluntarily letting anyone in my car without me present...not to mention that this is just a little too invasive for me to accept.
    It's a much more user-friendly of getting your stuff stolen. Would you rather someone bust out your window or jimmy your door jams? Get with the times.

Comment

I have not heard that yet. Pretty neat if you don't mind it.

Comment

I got the same email. I figure if my truck is home, then I’m home. If the delivery guy would just ring the doorbell I’d get the package and everyone is happy...

Comment

Im out

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBob View Post

Then don't use the service

Comment

I cant believe how many people are ok with the little spy box in there homes. Aka alexa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This sounds pretty cool. I want to have a live rattlesnake delivered to a friend in his car.

Comment

That is ridiculous. So is Alexa or Alicia or whatever her name is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                    Then don't use the service
                    Not planning on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      It's a much more user-friendly of getting your stuff stolen. Would you rather someone bust out your window or jimmy your door jams? Get with the times.
                      Don't the sophisticated thieves rob/steal cars now using electronic devices to unlock your doors anyway? Are there old school OG's that still keep it real with smash and grab :-)?

Comment

If I had me a fancy On Star vehicle, I’d clean it out the night before and get my delivery while I’m at work. I’d also give the driver a decent tip, just like I always do when using Prime Now.

I guess some of you guys have never had your car detailed or someone else do your oil change either? I don’t see any huge difference between this and that. Someone is in your vehicle while you’re not.

Comment

I'd think it would be pretty coincidental that a thief would be looking at your vehicle the exact moment that the driver put a package in it and locked it up. Might be convenient for some folks to get their stuff put in their car/truck while at work.

Comment

Seems to me to be a prime target for theives in a different way. They could follow the Amazon truck around and smash and grab every package delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                              Seems to me to be a prime target for theives in a different way. They could follow the Amazon truck around and smash and grab every package delivered.
                              This is how I would do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X