Big Fallow Prices....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Fallow Prices....?

have been looking for a big palmed fallow buck to euro mount to finish my Texas wish list ........i have been quoted 10,000 to 20,000 for a big fallow by several well known ranches .......is this now the going rate for a good fallow..do you texas folks think this is the new normal for now on ...?

Sounds ridiculous to me. I spent less for a Cape buffalo all in and the experience alone was worth that.

Comment

Keep looking......... lots of great fallow around for WAY CHEAPER

Comment

$3,950 at Diamond C.

Not sure what your definition of “good fallow” is but the price you’re quoted sounds ridiculous

Comment

Yea I don’t know how big is big.Longhorn river ranch in Dripping spring has some bruisers and they top out at $4,500.It’s a beautiful place too!Just search there name and you’ll find their site.

Comment

Shouldn’t have to pay more than $5k for a really nice fallow

Comment

Originally posted by svbubba View Post
              have been looking for a big palmed fallow buck to euro mount to finish my Texas wish list ........i have been quoted 10,000 to 20,000 for a big fallow by several well known ranches .......is this now the going rate for a good fallow..do you texas folks think this is the new normal for now on ...?
              They must think you are from California.

Comment

“Texas” wish list? [emoji3].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s nucking futs! You can fly to Asia or Europe and shoot one in their native range cheaper than that.

I’d keep calling outfitters.

Comment

Fallow have gone up, pretty stupid, i hope people dont pay these new prices. There are a few new fallow breeders who's bloodlines are helping drive up the prices some. I do think that fallow will be the new exotic that people start trying to jack up genetically. They are inbetween whitetail and red stag and im sure they are trying to grow the first 400" fallow

Comment

No those prices are normal. Plenty of places still sub 5k on giant ones. I’m glad I knocked out all my exotics years ago. I thought they were expensive then! ��

Comment

Top end fallow are that price. “Average” fallow are bringing $1500 per doe and $4500 plus for bucks live sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          “Texas” wish list? [emoji3].

yes wish list.....i have taken aoudad-nilga-oryx- axis-blackbuck... need a good fallow to finish my texas wish list.....all taken with a crossbow....yes i am old 64....the prices i have been quoted are for big palmed ....retired breeders....looking for gold medal class with even palms on both sides....i know you get what you pay for...... i am from Texas this is my bucket list..... i know a really big fallow was Not going to be cheap .....But you can hunt a really good once in a lifetime whitetail for this kind of money..... hope the prices come down one of these days......jdh in AZ

Comment

Diamond C has what I consider some large Fallow.

Comment

Originally posted by svbubba View Post
                              yes wish list.....i have taken aoudad-nilga-oryx- axis-blackbuck... need a good fallow to finish my texas wish list.....all taken with a crossbow....yes i am old 64....the prices i have been quoted are for big palmed ....retired breeders....looking for gold medal class with even palms on both sides....i know you get what you pay for...... i am from Texas this is my bucket list..... i know a really big fallow was Not going to be cheap .....But you can hunt a really good once in a lifetime whitetail for this kind of money..... hope the prices come down one of these days......jdh in AZ

Im just joking around as you have of now mentioned only one Texas native animal lol. Hope you find what you are looking for. Hunting in Texas has turned into a rich mans game for sure. Wasnt that long ago people would let you shoot an Axis as a favor. Now its thousands.

Comment

Working...
                              X