7 prc ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 prc ????

Anyone reading about the new 7 PRC? Looks like it's gonna be a Long Action and just a little hotter than a 7RM. Which I assume will put it right between the 7RM and the 28 Nosler.

Thoughts?

Should be on par with a 7 saum, but with hornadys backing. Imo, this should have been first, doing away with 6.5 prc.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      Should be on par with a 7 saum, but with hornadys backing. Imo, this should have been first, doing away with 6.5 prc.
      Except its a long action cartridge. SAUM is a short or medium action. My understanding it also has 8 grains more case capacity than the 7 SAUM.

Comment

Really, the 6.5 prc should be on a medium action along with the saum as well. It's starting to pick up, more and more action companies are offering medium actions.

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
        Except its a long action cartridge. SAUM is a short or medium action. My understanding it also has 8 grains more case capacity than the 7 SAUM.

Comment

Specs
          Attached Files

Comment

I don’t understand the need when the 28 nosler is around. Better barrel life maybe

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I don’t understand the need when the 28 nosler is around. Better barrel life maybe
              Need is never the driving force on new cartridges. There's a ton that aren't "needed".

Comment

28 Nosler isn't making Hornady near the $$$ that this offering will. They've already paved the road with the other PRC variants. We may not need it, but that won't stop them from selling it to folks that they can convince do. I'm betting there will be a lot of those folks. Lol

Comment

It will have the branding and marketing machine of the big H. It will be an immediate success. Needed or not, those guys have marketing down and created a huge following.

BTW, if it's truly between a 7rm and nosler then that's a pretty good sweet spot but in reality likely nothing you can't do with a 7rm and a good load.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                    28 Nosler isn't making Hornady near the $$$ that this offering will. They've already paved the road with the other PRC variants. We may not need it, but that won't stop them from selling it to folks that they can convince do. I'm betting there will be a lot of those folks. Lol

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another solution to a non existent problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        Absolutely. They are marketing geniuses. Make a cartridge that does what another does and has for years and rep it hard. They are VERY good at that.

Comment

Absolutely. They are marketing geniuses. Make a cartridge that does what another does and has for years and rep it hard. They are VERY good at that.
                          You’re forgetting a key factor that so many other companies have skipped as well. Support it!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            You’re forgetting a key factor that so many other companies have skipped as well. Support it!
                            Yep. And being big enough with the right connections to get folks to chamber rifles in their calibers with the correct twist!

Comment

Yep. And being big enough with the right connections to get folks to chamber rifles in their calibers with the correct twist!
                              Twist….that is the key. There is obviously already haters of a caliber that isn’t even out yet. The problem with some of the “old” calibers is the twist. New calibers with the faster twist rates that are supported by the rifle manufacturers is what makes them successful and superior (sometimes).

Comment

Working...
                              X