Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water station questions

Searched multiple old threads and never found an answer

Looking at using this. Seen multiple diy builds posted with them. I assume to reach the 20 psi minimum, that the head pressure of the water in the storage tank is sufficient?

Post pics of current set ups. I’m also needing 2-3 275+ gallon totes if anyone had any with the cage.

Have used these for over 20 years, No problems other than the float cover gets brittle with age. ( 6-8 years) Bury them in the ground up to the flange.
    You don't need much pressure, not 20 lbs. for sure.
    Coons don't /can't get to the float.

Comment

I've got one of these awhile back and it's been doing good so far. I use just the conventional trough float and a buried galvanized tub usually though. I like to put a heavy gauge screen across the top with just like a 4"x4" opening for them to drink through. I was getting pics of coons bathing in the dang thing before.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggies96 View Post
        I've got one of these awhile back and it's been doing good so far. I use just the conventional trough float and a buried galvanized tub usually though. I like to put a heavy gauge screen across the top with just like a 4"x4" opening for them to drink through. I was getting pics of coons bathing in the dang thing before.

Coon pool!

Comment

I am looking at putting together to the same setup right now also. Any tripping points you have had in the past? Does the valve ever hang open on you?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Coon pool!

Cool poon. Id take a dip too.

Good luck with setup Mr8.

Comment

I had a couple of these set up at my place in san Saba. Only issue I had was hogs broke my feed line one time. If u have it in a pen , should be good to go. I just had gravity feed off a tote.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                I had a couple of these set up at my place in san Saba. Only issue I had was hogs broke my feed line one time. If u have it in a pen , should be good to go. I just had gravity feed off a tote.
                I’m planning on having the tote 12”+ above the float. Short run to the trough(tiny one from the link to control evaporation). I’m thinking that should be enough head pressure?

Comment

I have 2 totes with cages you can have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    I’m planning on having the tote 12”+ above the float. Short run to the trough(tiny one from the link to control evaporation). I’m thinking that should be enough head pressure?
                    You should be good to go. I doubt mine was 12".

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post

My man!

Comment

Oh yeah I’m not lookin to spend anywhere near that lol. Would be a nice set up though!

Comment

Got anymore of them totes laying around?

Originally posted by BrianG View Post

Comment

the technical answer is 46' to reach 20 psi.

you get .433 psi per foot of height.

but most float switches will close with less pressure. its the leverage of the float pushing against less pressure.

a diaphragm type valve may require a high pressure to operate.

Comment

Working...
                            X