Sonora / Sutton County 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonora / Sutton County 2022

Well, I haven’t seen a thread started yet for this year!

After nearly 5yrs of trying, I finally killed a decent axis buck off my own property just east of town!

I hope all you guys that are hunting out this way have a great year, and I also hope to get to meet a few of y’all at some point!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats Busch! I was just there this weekend. Went into Rough Creek Taxidermy to pick up my wife’s Fallow European mount And there was an older couple in their dropping off two axis deer they had shot for a shoulder mount. I believe they lived out near you and the one his wife shot was 35 inches!

We are definitely seeing an increased number of axis out at our place west of town and the Whitetail numbers are steadily coming back after anthrax. We only shot three white tails at our place last year because we’re still promoting numbers but I think next year we should have a better opportunity to get some white tail on the ground.

Will definitely have to meet for lunch one day

Comment

Nice axis!

Had the chance to go with a buddy south of Sonora. Very few whitetail, tons of auodad, and a lone herd of axis too far away. Still fun to hike around and look though, congrats again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Bisch!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Sweet. Was that your first Axis?

You may have problems with the mount since his horns weren’t fully grown out. I think taxidermists can inject stuff that will stop immature antlers from shrinking and keep the velvet from coming off.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              Sweet. Was that your first Axis?

You may have problems with the mount since his horns weren’t fully grown out. I think taxidermists can inject stuff that will stop immature antlers from shrinking and keep the velvet from coming off.

Not my first axis, but my first axis buck off my own property. The taxidermist did not raise any concerns when I took it in to him and told him I wanted to keep the velvet.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That axis looks l althy abc hardy. We were just through Sonora yesterday and noticed how dry it was. Can’t image how it could sustain much life, but there you go.

Comment

Nice Axis - had to be exciting to take on your own place!

Comment

Congrats Bisch! We are going to be down there this weekend. We have been seeing more axis recently too!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

I’m in starting this year!

Comment

Congrats Bisch

Comment

Great axis amigo!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

In for this year! Need to get out to the ranch and feed.

Comment

Working...
                              X