How many new biologists did TPWD hire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many new biologists did TPWD hire.

Anybody know who many new biologist positions have been filled by TPWD? The MLD fees for the new hires should have been implemented by now. I haven’t noticed any new hires in any of the counties I own property.

I know of one. Our guy moved up and is being replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
      Doesn’t sound like a new position. So is that a new position that was filled or attrition?

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
        Same here in San Saba. Biologist said the new one got her job because of the new fee. I didn't argue, but was thinking sure..but where did the last Biologist go? Maybe there's 2 now in San Saba?

Comment

I hope they wait 3-4 years. By then my kid will have graduated

Comment

I know a new one was hired for Austin County. Which freed up more time for the Colorado County biologist which was covering both before the hire. I though I remember hearing they were in the process of hiring another or already had, but don't remember specifics.

Comment

I’d like to know this as well.

And are we still gonna be required to print our own permits now? If they will print them, at least we could get something for that $300 BS fee. Or maybe they could pay for the helicopter for our surveys?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post

And are we still gonna be required to print our own permits now? If they will print them, at least we could get something for that $300 BS fee. Or maybe they could pay for the helicopter for our surveys?
                Yea right! You been smokin wacky weed. 😆
                They moved my biologist to Wilson County and I have yet to hear anything from the state who our new biologist is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Same here in San Saba. Biologist said the new one got her job because of the new fee. I didn't argue, but was thinking sure..but where did the last Biologist go? Maybe there's 2 now in San Saba?
                  San Saba was sharing one with Llano prior to the new hire in San Saba. She does not have an office though and is working out of her house.

Comment

x2

Comment

TPWD is a joke with how things are being run.

Comment

Do the math: $300 x # of MLDs =$ ???? / average biologists salary = max # of new biologists. How many MLDs can a biologist manage?

Probably not a large increase in total numbers?

Comment

Why not just hunt the regular season and save the $300?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                            Why not just hunt the regular season and save the $300?
                            We pretty much do hunt the regular season. We need the extra tags to manage the place properly.

Comment

The fees are not for hiring new biologists, they were short on having enough staff at HQ in Austin to handle the workload of the data, applications for the permits, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X