Who cans tomatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
    Can you tell what you will fertilize with?
    Masterblend vegetable fertilizer. It's a three part system that you mix in water. It's on Amazon and there are a couple really good youtube videos showing the steps for mixing. I just mix it in a 5 gallon bucket per the instructions on the bag and pour directly onto my plants. I use 15 gallons two times a week for an extremely high yield of tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
      Masterblend vegetable fertilizer. It's a three part system that you mix in water. It's on Amazon and there are a couple really good youtube videos showing the steps for mixing. I just mix it in a 5 gallon bucket per the instructions on the bag and pour directly onto my plants. I use 15 gallons two times a week for an extremely high yield of tomatoes.

https://www.amazon.com/MASTERBLEND-4...97&sr=8-1&th=1

Do you also use this fertilizer mixture for the other veggies as well or just tomato plants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We can a little

I don't see why you couldn't freeze and can once you're ready.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	24686507

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
          Do you also use this fertilizer mixture for the other veggies as well or just tomato plants?

I did for my peppers at first but once the took off and got strong I stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
            I did for my peppers at first but once the took off and got strong I stopped.

Rodga that sir thank you much

Comment

We have been freezing our tomatoes for a couple of years and processing as time allows. This year has been bad for us, only 6 gallon bags in the freezer vs. about 30 last year.

Comment

you can, blanch and freeze, peal, what ever you do they won't be like you would want to slice and put on your burger. But all ways would be good for cooking, salsa, pasta sauce, stews, chili or whatever cooked recipe calls for tomatoes.

Not to difficult to do in canning jars, keep well and save your freezer space.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                  you can, blanch and freeze, peal, what ever you do they won't be like you would want to slice and put on your burger. But all ways would be good for cooking, salsa, pasta sauce, stews, chili or whatever cooked recipe calls for tomatoes.

Not to difficult to do in canning jars, keep well and save your freezer space.
                  I've got several gallon bags worth now that I have blanched and frozen. This heat is evil on my plants, but they are still making. I think I need to order a shade cloth to give the plants the best chance at this point.

Comment

I canned over 250 quarts last year. I do stewed, juice and salsa. I have always kept up on them as they ripen. A friend of mine freezes hers and deals with them later. I have no idea what process she uses but she swears by it.

Comment

Working...
                    X