• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ar options

So I have complete 5.56 lower and looking at build options

Already have -
    .223s and .300bo

I haven’t kept up with all the mean black gun options so what’s your opinion? And it will suppressed

I reload so that not too much of an obstacle

Mainly for shooting 5-600 yards at steel and late season truck doe hunts

Thanks
    Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel or valkyrie

Comment

Following.

Comment

I also forgot to mention the receiver is a registered SBR. So I can go short too.
        I think I just have to notify the ATF of caliber change

Comment

6.5 Grendel would be/is my choice.

I’m really wanting to try one in a 12.5” upper. I have a 20” upper currently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Grendel

Comment

Big bore bad boy in one of these. 50 Beowulf, 458 SOCOM or 450 Bushmaster.

Comment

224 Valkyrie real has my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                  Big bore bad boy in one of these. 50 Beowulf, 458 SOCOM or 450 Bushmaster.
                  5-600 yards would be a stretch for those.

Comment

I went with Grendel myself.

Comment

Grendel or valkyrie
                      6.5-1 twist if valkyrie so it'll stabilize 90 grain bullets better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

6.5 Grendel - I have 2 - 12.5” SBR’s and they are my go to guns. Farthest shot on a pig -381 yds, 175 lbs buck - 210yds. I’ve shot many big pigs with it as well. You won’t be disappointed if you go this route.

Comment

If you go with a grendel you need 18”+ barrel length and load lighter bullets to pick up some speed if you’re planning on killing at 5-600. It doesn’t have much knockdown to begin with due to speed. Great caliber. Just doesn’t need to run 120+ grain bullets. Run 90-100 and put a solid powder charge under it and you’ll see a big improvement.

And yes I have one and have shot a ton of critters with it. Speaking from experience on this one.

Other suggestion is a fast twist hot rod 224 cal of some sort. A buddy is running a 22 grendel and loves it. I haven’t cared to mess with that yet.

Comment

Grendel all the way..

If you want to play 458 Socom. I just built one and it is now my favorite of all. 250gr 2000fps of romping stomping
                            busted a hog in the brush a few weeks back. 80lb pig it made big holes in it.

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
                              I also forgot to mention the receiver is a registered SBR. So I can go short too.
                              I think I just have to notify the ATF of caliber change

You do not need to notify of a caliber change. *so long as you can return to original configuration on your F1/F4

Comment

Working...
                              X