Trad Bear hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad Bear hunt

I have been wanting to go on a Bear hunt for along time. I've checked out Stick Flingers in Canada but I refuse to get the jab to travel there. That being said, been kinda looking at New Mexico, has anybody hunted with trad gear for bear there? if so did you do DIY or a guide? Does anybody have any suggestions for a guide or outfit over there. Really wanting to hunt one. Thanks in advance.

For trad ranges I would go somewhere you are allowed to bait.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
      For trad ranges I would go somewhere you are allowed to bait.
      ^ What he said. I had good success in Idaho. But if you're set on NM, you might apply for the Mescalero Apache bear hunt. I think if you pay for a guide, they can bait. But you have to get on the list a good ways ahead of time.

Comment

Weitas Creek Outfitters in North Central Idaho caters to trad shooters. I've hunting with them several times and have never been disappointed. Great people to hunt with.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
          Weitas Creek Outfitters in North Central Idaho caters to trad shooters. I've hunting with them several times and have never been disappointed. Great people to hunt with.
          Good push.

Greyman… Ive got the same hankering to kill and eat a bear. Seems like the SW black bears find the pinions very preferable and delectible. They need water too. A trail between might be fruitful. OTC NM bear season is long and units are very big to include really good trophy elk territory. Black bears and elk seem to hang out in very close locales. Lots of public options in NM.

Ive got an option of a guided black bear hunt with dogs this fall on reservation land. Not everybodys bag but still old school by several thousand years.

I hope to see your the LDPs. Good luck.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-31-2022, 08:11 PM. Reason: LDPSpake

Comment

I got mine at Squapan Mountain Outfitters in Maine. They cater to trad shooters.

Comment

Look at Bear paw outfitters in Idaho.

Comment

thanks fellas will check the places mentioned

Comment

Blue mountain outfitters seems reputable. I have my first elk hunt with them in October

Comment

I have been to Winnipeg,Canada, Idaho but killed my blackie just East if Ban Buren, Arkansas. There are a lot of big Blackbears in that area but I don’t know of any outfitters in that area. I got mine on private land with a friend of a friend. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                      I second this. Went on a bear hunt with them in June and had a great time.

Comment

At some point I’d like to do a trad hunt up here, It will be a few years before I can make it happen though.

Comment

Just an fyi, as of 1 Oct 2022 all of the Covid restrictions/requirements will be lifted to get into Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

headed out next week for a bar hunt in NM with Pinnacle Outfitters. They chase 'em with dogs and sxs's. any weapon of choice is permissible so we're going to use my grandpa's old 30-30 since shots will be fairly close range. may bring my bow as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddo View Post
                              Just an fyi, as of 1 Oct 2022 all of the Covid restrictions/requirements will be lifted to get into Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              True. I just got back from there (business), and the only place you had to wear a mask was in the airport. It was as idiotic as it sounds. Headed back up October 24th and should be in the clear.

Comment

Working...
                              X