No announcement yet.

land cheaper than 10k per acre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for fun, I have 380 acres, on the Wise/Montague county line. 200 acres of pasture/hay. Five water-wells, and about about six barns.

I would take $7M, for the lot.
    Last edited by planomustang; 03-30-2022, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Coleman county is your best bet. I had a buddy pick up two good sized places last year for under 4500 an acre

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
        Isn't that kind of unethical for realtors to buy from their client? Always wondered about it and Dan Perez touched on this in a podcast.
        I wasn’t the listing agent! I brought the buyer! As far as unethical I guess it would be if you knew they would take less! But I my self have bought house from a potential client. I was referred by another client and after the listing appt! I disclosed I would be interested in buying it asked them what they wanted and that evening me and the wife agreed to give um what they wanted!
        Last edited by txbowhunter08; 03-30-2022, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
          Isn't that kind of unethical for realtors to buy from their client? Always wondered about it and Dan Perez touched on this in a podcast.

Why would it be unethical? What did Dan Perez (don't know who he is) say about it? Curious here.

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
              Why would it be unethical? What did Dan Perez (don't know who he is) say about it? Curious here.
              Dan Perez is the founder of Whitetail Properties. It would be a conflict of interest for a realtor to buy from their client they are supposed to represent.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
                I wasn’t the listing agent! I brought the buyer! As far as unethical I guess it would be if you knew they would take less! But I my self have bought house from a potential client. I was referred by another client and after the listing appt! I disclosed I would be interested in buying it asked them what they wanted and that evening me and the wife agreed to give um what they wanted!
                Gotcha, yeah that is totally different and no conflict of interest since your buyer didn't want to buy the property you took them to. That's fair game.

Now as far as buying from a potential client...that is a conflict of interest. You see, you asked a person that has no idea of market value of their property that was originally going to you for representation to buy their house. It could be considered unethical to take advantage of say a situation where they wanted x amount but you knew in your head that you would list it for a lot more based on your knowledge of market. That is a situation Dan was referring could be unethical.

I dont have an opinion myself. Not a realtor, so I'm not sure what is the ethical standard or unwritten code. Just listening to a hunting podcast that had Dan on and this question was asked. I always personally thought that it was just a perk of being a realtor is to get on good deals possibly before they go to market.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Beargrasstx; 03-31-2022, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  Coleman county is your best bet. I had a buddy pick up two good sized places last year for under 4500 an acre
                  Shhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    171.5 acres
                    Water, electricity, septic system.
                    $4,500/acre

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      Shhhh!
                      Did I say Coleman, I meant Cameron Dang autocorrect

Comment

Menard County, if you stay off the river or other live water. Some will say that this is
                        West Texas but the center of the state is actually about 20 miles NW of Menard.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

Oklahoma

Comment

Working...
                          X