Successful Roofing Business Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful Roofing Business Owners?

I’m looking to start a roofing company soon. Are there any successful roofing business owners that are willing to share some knowledge and help me get up and going? For example, marketing strategies, best compensation program for salesmen, back-end administration, etc.

Thanks!

Are you already in the industry?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
      Are you already in the industry?
      Yes sir.

Comment

Comment

I think if I were in your shoes, I'd try to do a few friends/family and make it extremely financially attractive for them to use you. When I was getting bids, I got from 6500 to 19,000 for an 1800 sq foot 1 story. Ultimately I ended up near the bottom of the range but not the cheapest. I went for quality of materials, professionalism of the person I worked with, and the attention to detail on my quoting process and getting set up for the job. You do a few of those and get the references and you'll be off to the races. Then start building...

Keep in mind that one bad roofing contract will hurt you badly in the early days whereas having a dozen fabulous jobs will pay dividends over time.

Comment

Thanks for the input

Comment

Just got mine covered under insurance. Paid $0 and got some money in my pocket bc went thru a buddy and also got upgraded parts/shingles.

ANd lowered my premium by 45% bc my roof was 22 years old

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Just got mine covered under insurance. Paid $0 and got some money in my pocket bc went thru a buddy and also got upgraded parts/shingles.

Yup. A lot of fraud in the roofing industry. Don't be part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                  Yup. A lot of fraud in the roofing industry. Don't be part of it.
                  Yeah, I didn't get my deductible "back", but I didn't have to sign/make any false statements.

Comment

This is illegal. Just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You also committed felony insurance fraud...

Comment

Originally posted by Chootem View Post
                        Oops...

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                          I think if I were in your shoes, I'd try to do a few friends/family and make it extremely financially attractive for them to use you. When I was getting bids, I got from 6500 to 19,000 for an 1800 sq foot 1 story. Ultimately I ended up near the bottom of the range but not the cheapest. I went for quality of materials, professionalism of the person I worked with, and the attention to detail on my quoting process and getting set up for the job. You do a few of those and get the references and you'll be off to the races. Then start building...

Keep in mind that one bad roofing contract will hurt you badly in the early days whereas having a dozen fabulous jobs will pay dividends over time.
                          I am going through this now. Quotes for the same roof and quality of materials, are way different. My house is small, less than 1600 Sq. Ft. single story, and I have had quotes from $6200 on up to $15000. I will note the ones quoting high keep pestering me to get insurance involved. When I tell I am paying for it, and that they are way too high compared to other quotes I've gotten, they play it off like they didn't have a tape measure to accurately quote, etc... Its funny since I already have the official estimate from them, and they want to come out and now ACCURATELY quote the job. Too many shady people in that business giving decent honest ones a bad name. I am having to choose someone based solely on my gut. Tough business for sure. As said, an honest person will win my business every time. If I feel you are trying to cheat or swindle, I am out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chootem View Post
                            That’s a little hasty on the judgment....there are a hundred ways that he could be telling the truth and acting completely legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                              That’s a little hasty on the judgment....there are a hundred ways that he could be telling the truth and acting completely legally.
                              Incorrect. If you don’t pay your deductible it’s fraud. If you get cash back it’s more fraud.

Comment

Working...
                              X