Right arrow for bow? Or is it me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
    Should be good with that. I was just curious. I have 125’s up front and added 50gr weight to the insert to get to 17%. I do shoot fixed blade heads.

So based on this I could add 25gr to the inserts and use my current 100grain broadheads that I just purchased last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post
      So based on this I could add 25gr to the inserts and use my current 100grain broadheads that I just purchased last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes you can do that. If you got new arrows I would shoot them before fletching them. You will be able to get your bow in tune and then for any that still won't behave you will nock tune them. Once you get every shaft flying straight you can then fletch them. I built some new arrows for a new bow and to be able to use my 100 grain heads I had to put 150 grain inserts in my arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
        Yes you can do that. If you got new arrows I would shoot them before fletching them. You will be able to get your bow in tune and then for any that still won't behave you will nock tune them. Once you get every shaft flying straight you can then fletch them. I built some new arrows for a new bow and to be able to use my 100 grain heads I had to put 150 grain inserts in my arrows.

I ordered a dozen shafts the other day. Going to 300s and want to shoot at least 125 grain broadheads. I Just have 6 new broadheads (100gr) from last year that I don’t want to waste. So I was thinking of adding 25gr to the inserts for now and then when I go up to 125 grain broadhead just leave the inserts in and keep hunting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Are your shafts squared on each end? Out-of-square can definitely affect arrow flight.

Comment

Working...
          X