No announcement yet.

I Made a Poor Shot on an MMR Spike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always look forward to your videos, that slow mo is awesome!!

Comment

Michael, do you record the whole video sequence of the deer at the 240fps speed or switch it at some point before the shot. Or maybe use 2 cameras?? That high speed stuff eats up some card space!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, its nice to watch something authentic like this. Its how it really is sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Michael, do you record the whole video sequence of the deer at the 240fps speed or switch it at some point before the shot. Or maybe use 2 cameras?? That high speed stuff eats up some card space!!
          I typically record 24@4K (sometimes 1080) and capture as much footage as I can and then switch to 240fps when I'm ready to take the shot. The S3 has a custom mode dial on the top that makes switching easy. M1 is set to 4k/24 and the "S&Q" setting next to it is 240fps. Shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings are stored for each, as well.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

OK, that makes sense and what I thought you probably did... I have a small high speed camera (240 at 720p) and a 128 gb card fills up pretty quick when just videoing with it set that fast... I've never used it to video any hunts, but mostly use it to record air gun shots through optics mounted on the guns... it's great for slo-mo shots for that... Almost no recoil on the air guns so I am able to get the pellet flight pretty clearly to the target, whether a dot on a piece of paper or a sparrow/starling/ or other vermin... Think i'll get me a gimble mount and try it this next season...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              OK, that makes sense and what I thought you probably did... I have a small high speed camera (240 at 720p) and a 128 gb card fills up pretty quick when just videoing with it set that fast... I've never used it to video any hunts, but mostly use it to record air gun shots through optics mounted on the guns... it's great for slo-mo shots for that... Almost no recoil on the air guns so I am able to get the pellet flight pretty clearly to the target, whether a dot on a piece of paper or a sparrow/starling/ or other vermin... Think i'll get me a gimble mount and try it this next season...
              I believe the bitrate at 240fps is a whopping 280 Mbps! Fortunately, I have dual 256GB high speed cards that will handle it, but spending a lot of time in that mode is cumbersome from a file management perspective. I still believe that 1080 is suitable for YouTube, and most of my uploads are 1080.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Shamlessly bumping back up...
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  LOL! Not usually. I had shot a hog earlier (note the arrow behind the spike ) and honestly wasn't planning to shoot the spike. Peer pressure from my group text buddies got the best of me!
                  You're welcome

Glad you took the shot and decided to share the video! Sometimes gizzard shots happen

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                    You're welcome

Glad you took the shot and decided to share the video! Sometimes gizzard shots happen

I’m glad you fessed up! I’m proud to have friends like you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

If you need any more friends to talk you into questionable, to awful decisions...I can send you a few dozen contacts.[emoji15]

Comment

That’s karma you baby killer!

Bad shots happen. Even to you professionals!

Comment

Shamlessly bumping back up...
                          Well it is your site....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            If you need any more friends to talk you into questionable, to awful decisions...I can send you a few dozen contacts.[emoji15]

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I already have a few of the same ones!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

I am glad you posted this video. Did you find your arrow from the deer that went over the cactus? At least in slo mo you could see the arrow flight after shot.

About how many hours does it take to produce that video from an editing stand point?

Comment

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I already have a few of the same ones!
                                Who??? Bad decisions?? Whaaaaat...???

Comment

Working...
                                X