Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, glow sticks!

Comment

I have seen a 2lb container almost vaporize a 50lb dead hog.

Also, shot 8lb’s once and seriously don't know how the ranch house windows/foundation made it thru the blast wave. And the ranch house was 500-600 yards away.

Comment

Geeze... I've never been present for any of it before, so guess I'll start off with a 1 lb and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Geeze... I've never been present for any of it before, so guess I'll start off with a 1 lb and go from there.

Childs play! You will be wasting a pound

2 pounds is a good start.

Comment

Here’s one I did to get rid of an old dog house.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              https://youtu.be/JAkpGtp2pME

Here’s one I did to get rid of an old dog house.
              Nice...

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Childs play! You will be wasting a pound

2 pounds is a good start.
                Agree. Go big, ‘Merica!

Comment

Blowing up an old toilet that we replaced at the lease was a good idea until the dust settled. The left over pieces of porcelain will deflate a tire before you know what happened!

Blowing up a pig from the day before sure didn't smell all that great....

The dumbest/best was a broken riding lawn mower during opening weekend of dove season one year. IDK how many lbs were used but that sucker went flying as did the pieces. To this day I still don't know how someone didn't get hurt...

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                    Blowing up an old toilet that we replaced at the lease was a good idea until the dust settled. The left over pieces of porcelain will deflate a tire before you know what happened!

Blowing up a pig from the day before sure didn't smell all that great....

The dumbest/best was a broken riding lawn mower during opening weekend of dove season one year. IDK how many lbs were used but that sucker went flying as did the pieces. To this day I still don't know how someone didn't get hurt...
                    This wasn't you was it?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9USKP0f2o"]YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      This wasn't you was it?

YouTube
                      Thankfully it was not. We were smart enough to get what we thought was a safe distance away. The next morning we did find about a 10" piece of the mower blade about 30 ft behind our shooting position...that would have sucked!

In the end just be smart and that powder can be a lot of fun to play with

Comment

I don't "blow stuff up". I had some minor experiences (on the operator side) of claymores in the Army and I know better than to blow up things - either solid or collections of nuts, bolts, etc. You are literally ASKING to be maimed or killed.

The second part is cleanup. I won't spoil my property like that... There's no explosion worth it to me spill partially burned gasoline and shrapnel from (insert appliance here) all over the place.

Now with all that said, I still enjoy tannerite immensely but the fun is in the really big boom. I don't know if USA chemical supply is still in business but you can buy tannerite (generic bulk) for $1-2/pound. I bought the 50lb boxes from them but haven't in a while. 10-15 lbs buried in the dirt makes a rather impressive hole, lol.
                        Last edited by ken800; 07-02-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

That sounds like fun too. Yeah out here clean up would be rough so kinda liked the idea of old cooler and corn. Sadly we canceled out the guests and wife's birthday party, she popped a fever last night right when we got to camp so didn't want to risk it possibly being the 'rona and getting people sick. I'll have more time to plan for the next trip though.

Comment

Working...
                          X