Outlaw crabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlaw crabbing

Took the kids out for an attempt to crab today, and we had a blast. Caught a bunch of em with chicken legs on a string, unfortunately no keepers though. After about an hour and a half the police rolled up. Well no wonder we couldn’t find any recommendations to fish at the end of 8 Mile Rd...you ain’t supposed to be at the end of 8 Mile Rd. The officer was nice and explained the trespassing sign keeps getting cut/knocked down. Too bad, because it’s a pretty decent spot! Apparently, the gate has been broken over and over, and the landowner wants everyone arrested. We’ll try again down Sportsman Rd or Galveston SP next time....and try to keep it legal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man that’s too bad. Well at least you had a positive experience with law enforcement, nice of them not to ticket you.

Comment

Heck I thought the end of 8 mile road was where everyone launched their kayaks, not anymore I guess.

Comment

thats wild...we used to launch there. never had problems or saw a sign. was told to launch there by alot of folks. not sure if we were breaking the law or it changed but used to be a pretty popular spot to launch

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
        Heck I thought the end of 8 mile road was where everyone launched their kayaks, not anymore I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post

Wow, I used to wade there all through high school.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
            thats wild...we used to launch there. never had problems or saw a sign. was told to launch there by alot of folks. not sure if we were breaking the law or it changed but used to be a pretty popular spot to launch

It’s fenced and gated, but everything was open and other people were there when we checked it out, so we figured it was all good. The officer stood the sign back up, and they definitely don’t want anyone out there. There were two other families and some kayakers, and we all left.

We checked out the end of Sportsman Rd but it was full. We’d also looked behind Home Depot on 65th, but that looked a little nasty. Galveston SP is closed as well, so we’ll have to keep exploring. On the map it looks like there are some places to access the water over by Christmas Bay.

Anybody fished/crabbed the salt marsh along I-45 in Hitchcock?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow.....i used to park there and walk the shoreline gigging flounder years ago....they are making it impossible to do just about anything these days without being a boat owner

Comment

Just remember. When crabbing is outlawed only outlaws will have crabs.

Comment

Lots of people crab off of 45

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                    Wow.....i used to park there and walk the shoreline gigging flounder years ago....they are making it impossible to do just about anything these days without being a boat owner

They? You mean landowners that don’t want you trespassing on their land that they bought with their own money?

Whodathunkit?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Just remember. When crabbing is outlawed only outlaws will have crabs.
                      Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                        The landowner probably got tired of all the trashy people trashing up his land. More than 1 place has been closed ,because landowners get tired of their place looking like a dump.

Comment

We use to just sit in lawn chairs under the SLP Bridge and would catch more than you could eat..

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            The landowner probably got tired of all the trashy people trashing up his land. More than 1 place has been closed ,because landowners get tired of their place looking like a dump.
                            This is the problem, no one is respectful/responsible...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              They? You mean landowners that don’t want you trespassing on their land that they bought with their own money?

Whodathunkit?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My thoughts also.

Comment

Working...
                              X