Umm. PSA: Ozone is no joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trozy55 View Post
    You may have stumble on a way to get rid of COVID in the process as well lol, glad you're okay now!

I’d be willing to bet it since it suffocated every ounce of o2 in my body (that’s what it felt like) that fast it would surely get rid of COVID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

After all the Covid and riot threads, this story was a breath of fresh air

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        After all the Covid and riot threads, this story was a breath of fresh air
        Lol.

Comment

Ozone has been used to remove cigar and cigarette smell and dead body smell from vehicles for years. Imagine how bad a dead human in the trunk of a car sitting in hot sun would be. Ozone will completely get the smell out in 24 hours.

Comment

Glad you lived Misty..................

Comment

Be careful running ozone in a vehicle with leather. It may damage it. Some of the ozone units have a warning in the instructions not to use them around leather.

Comment

Good information. What brand and model Ozone generator do you have?

Comment

I think the bigger issue is putting your head in a confined space that is void of oxygen/breathing air. Nitrogen or Argon or any other gas would have given the same effect.

I do agree Ozone is a greater tool for removing the stink from just about anything. My wide used to take our dogs to the local dog park and they would swim and get nasty and then ride home in her Suburban. I would out my Ozonics in it over night and it always got rid of the wet dog smell. Good tool with lots of uses.

You had a very close call and I’m really happy you lived through it. I enjoy your posts and think you’re a great member here, glad we didn’t lose you!

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                    So. I’ve been told not to breathe in pure Ozone. But let me tell you a little story. My parents borrowed my RV for a week and went to the beach. When they got back I completely forgot to remove all food and meat from the fridge and freezer so, two weeks later you can imagine the dead body smell coming from my RV. It’s sitting in my driveway right now.

I realized my mistake and after almost puking twenty times, got it all cleaned out but in true Texas heat fashion, the stench was stuck in the fridge.

I decided to stick my little scent lok ozone generator in the freezer for a thirty minute cycle and see just “how good it really is”. Let me tell you it WORKS!!!! I mean I went back and opened the freezer up and zero smell.

I popped it into the fridge part and unfortunately, forgot about it. I didn’t realize it will just keep cycling ozone until I turned it off so today, 24 hours later, I decided to see if the smell was completely gone.

Here’s the part where I tell you DO NOT underestimate the power of Ozone. I walked into the RV. Immediately smelled ozone but this made me happy because I was thinking “holy crap the whole friggin RV smells like a hospital” lol.

I opened the fridge realized the unit was still going, turned it off and put it on the counter. I then wanted to make SURE there was truly no dead person smell so like an idiot, reopened the freezer and stuck my head inside and took three or four deep breaths.

Well. Definitely no smell but there was the immediate “oh **** I ****ed up” realization and I suddenly couldn’t breathe. I guess the ozone in the fridge had traveled into the freezer also.

I stumbled out of the RV and into the house where I couldn’t talk, couldn’t stop coughing and collapsed on the floor. My wife was freaking out because I couldn’t talk to tell her what was wrong.

Eventually after coughing and shaking uncontrollably for a few minutes I told her to tell 911 I was fine and not to come. I spit up a lot, felt like I’d suffocated a little and did a search on my “self correcting mistake” lol.

Uh, don’t breathe in pure Ozone. Especially frozen, pure Ozone.

I can laugh about it now but at the time it was scary as hell. Felt like I’d inhaled very clean mustard gas lol.

So that’s what that smell was on Tuesday!!!

Comment

Glad you are ok Misty.

I’ll be interested to see if it works long term. Since plastic is a bit porous and theres no telling where any liquids drained to it may only be a temporary reprieve.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                        So that’s what that smell was on Tuesday!!!

Lol well now that smell is coming from my trash [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                          Good information. What brand and model Ozone generator do you have?

I got the little scent lok ozone500. I’ve had it for a few years and I use it for my hunting clothes and my boots when they get smelly.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                            Lol well now that smell is coming from my trash [emoji15]

I’m joking. I honestly didn’t smell anything

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                              I’m joking. I honestly didn’t smell anything

Lol I know. It wasn’t apparent until I opened the door. PS, the plug is Ggggrrreeeeaaaatttt!!!!

Comment

Dang! Im happy you shucked death and the smell thereof Misty.

When ozoning houses I hold my breath prior to entry run in and out to remove machine. Then hold breath again and run through house and open all the doors.

Misty you might consider turning the camper air system fan on (not AC to on) to circulate the ozone through the air ducts too...if you havent already done so.

I just realized...my camper only uses ducts for heating...maybe run the heat for a short while to circulate the ozone.
                                Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-27-2020, 10:24 AM. Reason: FanNoUseDuctsSpake

Comment

Working...
                                X