Key west fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key west fishing

We are headed to key west next week, my first time there, any advice on fishing there, who to fish with. Can I catch Tarpon or snook wade fishing or from shore? Thanks for the info.

Just got back, fly fished inshore with captain Steve Hanncock and caught tarpon, bonefish and permit. He offers spin fishing as well. I don’t think there are many snook in Key West. http://www.keywestflyandspinfishing.com/ Fished offshore with Delph and had a good trip on snapper and grouper. https://www.delphfishing.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      Just got back, fly fished inshore with captain Steve Hanncock
      Where does Steve launch out of ?

Can you say how the fishing was, what about the mask situation in the keys?

I have been looking at fishing a few hours north -

Bud N' Mary's is a world famous fishing marina located in the heart of the beautiful Florida Keys - Islamorada, FL. Call us today at 305-664-2461

Comment

Great area to get a guide

Marquesas Keys Fishing
        The Marquesas Keys are home to a world class fishery. Everything from renown flats fishing to an epic reef line are just around the corner. It is the wild west of Lower Keys fishing and anything can happen out there. The fact that these fish see a lot less fishing pressure than areas closer to Key West can lead to some epic days. If you are looking for an adventure be sure to ask about booking a fishing trip to the Marquesas.
        These islands make the only known atoll in the Atlantic Ocean sitting about 25 miles west of Key West, this uninhabited chain of islands is thought to be formed by a meteorite strike millions of years ago..

Comment

We went third week of July a fee years ago and the tarpon were mostly gone, sounds like you’re going to be on the tail end of their migration. We went with a guide out to the Marquesas and it was a cool trip. We saw a few tarpon, no bites. Caught a bunch of baracuda around the old bombing targets and a bunch of different snapper, some ainhad never even heard of.

I don’t think there are many places where you could walk in and wade, pretty sure you’ll be dependent on a guide.

Oh, the reason we went out to Marquesas was it was the weekend of their mini season for lobster so all the inshore fishing near Key West was slammed with people diving for lobster. It was insane all the boats anchored up around the islands.

Good luck. You’re going to have a blast nomatter what.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            Where does Steve launch out of ?

Can you say how the fishing was, what about the mask situation in the keys?

I have been looking at fishing a few hours north -

https://www.budnmarys.com/
            He launches out of Cudjoe Key. Had to wear mask in all public buildings in Monroe County. Restaurants were not bad, just had to have mask and good temp to enter then you didn’t have to wear it. Fishing was good, weather was great and the beer was cold

Comment

If they have not been blown away and still open

EL Siboney's - local Cuban restaurant
              B.O.'s Fish Shack - Best grouper fish sandwich you will ever eat. Also has small bands at night where locals hang

Comment

Working...
              X