Michelin Tire Quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michelin Tire Quality?

I've used Michelin A/T tires on my F250 for years getting more than 70K on them each time. I have a new F150 and will be needing tires in the next few months. Reading reviews on Michelin tires, it seems they might not be as robust as they used to be.

Anyone using Michelin tires over the years noticing this? Is there a better riding longer lasting alternative? 275/55/20

Thanks.

I haven't heard that... Toyo is a really good tire

Comment

Haven't heard that either. Most tire discussions have one thing in common. The majority believe that Michelins are the best.

Comment

I only need a off road tire 10% of the time. I have looked at Michelins. Currently I'm "running" some Cooper Discoverys. Good tires but dang they're noisy. Any suggestions? The Michelin LTXs don't look as aggressive. Are they noisy?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Many bad reviews on tires are people putting p series tires on a truck instead of lt rated ones stick with the lt’s and you’ll be fine that goes from most brands. Michelin for on road use and the right ratings usually will last a long time

Comment

Got 90,000 out of my first set on my tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
              I only need a off road tire 10% of the time. I have looked at Michelins. Currently I'm "running" some Cooper Discoverys. Good tires but dang they're noisy. Any suggestions? The Michelin LTXs don't look as aggressive. Are they noisy?

I have been driving an F150 on our ranch for twenty years, and I say I use the truck about 10% of the time, at the ranch.

For years, I ran BFG Longtrails, because that was what came on the truck. I did not really like them. They did not last long, and a new set would last 6 months before at least on developed an annoying slow leak, that needed to be aired up every week or so.

A little over 4 years ago, I got a deal on a set of Michelin LTX M/S2's. I have not had one of them develop an annoying slow leak. I probably have at least 60K miles on them.

I started looking for a new set on Craig's List, about a month ago. I found a guy that owns a tire shop in Houston, but lives in Dallas. He sells take-off from his shop. I got a set of Michelin LTX M/S2's mounted on factory wheels for $900. I doubt these tires have 1000 miles on them. New, the tires alone would have run nearly $1400.

Comment

I have a 2001 Yukon XL that has had nothing but Michelins on it once the OEMs wore out. 246,000 miles, I think maybe 3 sets of Michelins with no complaints. Rides great and very quiet

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post

No, they are not noisy. I made the mistake of switching to a set of Nitto tires and regret it daily. I was worried that the Michelin’s I had on before these were not going to last much longer ( I put 95,000 on them myself.) When the guy pulled them off, he said he could still sell them on the used rack because they still had plenty of tread and the weather cracking was almost non existent. I’ll definitely fork over the $1800 for another set of Michelin’s when I have to buy more tires.

Comment

As to on line reviews, keep in mind that there are individuals who make a living creating fake people who write bad reviews of their clients competing products.

Comment

been running michelins for the past 10 years with no issue what so ever.

Comment

My buddy Cletus runs nothing but Michelin on everything has for his last 5-6 trucks
                        He loves them, to street for my purposes
                        I think they are quite and quality still

Comment

Love mine and can’t see much wear after 22000 miles. I have Defender LTX so not aggressive tread at all.

Comment

Originally posted by HubCityThumper View Post
                            Love mine and can’t see much wear after 22000 miles. I have Defender LTX so not aggressive tread at all.
                            This is what came on my Tacoma, I got 90000 miles out of the first set and I'm at 65000 on the second. Great tires, more of a highway tire than off road but I did the 4 WD trail in Arches National Park (Rocks) on them and they're great in sand, which I'm in more often than mud. Great tire, no complaints.

Comment

Mich's been good to me...for many years...

Comment

Working...
                              X