Shoulder surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder surgery

Just found out after an MRI and X Rays that I have 2 torn tendons, a biceps tear and partial torn rotator cuff. Surgery on Nov 3.

Biceps tear cannot be fixed because of too much scar tissue and the age of the tear.

There goes opening weekend and definitely no bow hunting. My season may be shot this year!

Sucks man. I've been having a lot of shoulder discomfort myself, but I keep putting off the inevitable. Hopefully surgery will get you fixed up for many more opening weekends and bow hunting. Best wishes!

Comment

I had mine fixed and it took some time to recover from, having said that mine was in really bad shape. Good luck with it all! The PT sucked!!! I think it has gotten better since I had it done in the early 2000's
      Last edited by Master Blaster; 10-21-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Life after shoulder surgery is great. Follow the plan and rehab through the pain and next year you will be a new man!

Comment

That sucks man. Good luck to you.

Just need to practice shooting with the other shoulder for rifle and take a buddy to collect your trophy. lol

J

Comment

Had both of mine rebuilt. Same basic stuff
            Torn muscles
            Detached tendons
            Torn rotator
            Bone spurs
            Separated labrum. (I didn’t know I even had a labrum)

Do the rehab. It really helps.

Get the 72 hour pain pump For after surgery
            and wear the sling like you’re supposed to.

Practice wiping left handed before the surgery.

Comment

You are on your way to feeling much better!
              I’ve been there and 2 years later, my shoulder is doing great.
              But that road to get there was pretty rough.
              Good luck.

Comment

Ive been putting mine off. Going to try and shoot for January or Feb so I can be good for season.

Comment

I had my right shoulder rebuilt last week Oct. 14. Bicep reattached, both labrum reattached, 1 rotator cuff reattached. I have a total of 5 screws or anchors now. The first 24 hours I had the nerve block then after that wore off it was touch and go on the pain. Took a pill every 4-5 hours after the block wore off. After 3 days I was off all the pain meds. Now I have to wait for 8 weeks for PT.

Comment

So do you have the Popeye bicep from the bicep tendon tear?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      So do you have the Popeye bicep from the bicep tendon tear?
                      Yep, left shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        Yep, left shoulder.
                        Some people pay good money for that!

15 years ago I had major work done on my right shoulder about mid November. I was able to rifle hunt the last weekend of the South Texas season out of a blind. Hopefully you can make lemonade out of lemons and salvage at least a part of this hunting season. You definitely will not be hunting with a bow this season. I had to bite that bullet in 2013 as well. It sucked.

Comment

Just found out after an MRI and X Rays that I have 2 torn tendons, a biceps tear and partial torn rotator cuff. Surgery on Nov 3.

Biceps tear cannot be fixed because of too much scar tissue and the age of the tear.

There goes opening weekend and definitely no bow hunting. My season may be shot this year!
                          I went through this same exact issue when I was stationed in Virginia in 2015. The Dr. told me I wouldnt be able to pull my bow back the entire season. I waited until rifle season and placed several pillows between the but stock of my .243 and my good shoulder so there wasn't any jolt towards my shoulder I had operated on and I was good to go. I bagged 3 deer that season with no pain. Had a hoist and my two sons help me field dress and skin the deer. If you have an AR or smaller caliber deer rifle that helps too.

Comment

Hate to hear that, but those surgeries typically have highly successful outcomes. Like others have said, make sure you do all the PT. It’s night and day in recovery time.

Also, you’re just down the road in Rogers. I plan on tagging out this year, so if you need some venison sausage and a little backstrap, I’d be happy to bring some over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dangitman! Sure sorry to hear that! You need to get all this stuff done now and get it behind you so you and the missus can start to enjoy that retirement you earned!! My wife was in orthopedic surgery, treatment and rehab for 25 years in the O.R. and she has always told everyone in our circle of family and friends, the success of ANY orthopedic procedure depends almost entirely on the rehab... The procedures themselves are not that difficult if the after surgery treatment and rehab are done right. You do exactly what your care-team advises, and with this type of surgery it is important that you don't "rush" it and try to do "more" or "faster"... stick with their plan and chances are almost a slam dunk, you'll be good as new, maybe even better!!

Good luck and post updates as you go forward when you can.

Comment

Working...
                              X