Quittin dippin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quittin dippin

The other snuff thread got me to wanna quit again, this time for good. I’ve tried the smoky mountain snuff from HEB, but couldn’t find a flavor I liked. For everyone who has quit using the ‘fake’ snuff what flavor did you find closest to Copenhagen long cut? Not a fan of wintergreen at all, or the sweeter flavors either. I don’t wanna use patches or gum, that’s just substituting one nicotine for another

I just threw the can in the trash and quit. Chewed sunflower seeds til my mouth bled and then quit them too. Took about two months before the cravings went away I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back off. Ordered a variety pack, found one I could live with and then ordered by the roll. On Amazon

Comment

Either you want to quit and you will or you dont and won't.
        My neighbor "quit smoking" 18 years ago but still chews a dozen pieces of nicotine gum to this day. It's ridiculous.

Comment

I tried it all but always went back to the Cope. My dad passed and I never dipped again.

Comment

I quit told turkey over a year ago. Had bad acid reflux and 1/2 of it was from red man. Had to have a scope down my throat because they thought I might have throat cancer. Ended up having a form of Barrets esophagus. Haven’t picked it up since.

Comment

I quit cold turkey over 30 years ago still want a dip every time i smell someone open up a new can of Copenhagen. Quitting was easy keeping off is still hard.

Comment

If you need accountability, and most folks do, go over to

ktcforum.org
                Or for a harder kick in the ***,

There actually is a way to quit dipping, and we know what it is. It's not magic, it's not difficult, and we will tell you for free.

I quit with KTC over 3 years ago but it’s become a bit soft on accountability. You want solid accountability and a kick in the rump daily to get it done, go sign up at QD and post a day 1.

Comment

I started back up for almost a year. I quit and hopefully for good. The main thing was I was getting nothing out of it. Couldn't even get a nicotine buzz anymore. I'm going to have a hard time not dipping on road trips or hunting/fishing, but I just don't want to do it anymore.

Comment

I dipped the ZYN pouches and you can get a buzz off of them especially if you put two 6mg pouches in but it's not the same as dipping Cope and it always kinda made me feel sick for some reason.

I tried black buffalo and it was as close to Copenhagen as I have found, but after a few months it just tasted too sweet and just wasn't Cope.

Comment

Not dipping but...September 3rd will be 2 years that I quit smoking after 35 years of Marlboro Reds. Cold turkey is what I recommend. If you want to do then do it, and stick with it. It sucks and it sucks real bad, but it gets better after a week or so. I still crave cigarettes every once in a while but the craving doesn't last long at all.

Comment

I quit about 28 years ago. Never went back to it nor have I had the urge to.

I just told myself that I’m not going to let something smaller than me tell me what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve quit snuff. I use the nicotine pouches. I’ve told my Dr and dentist, they said no problem. It that or snuff. I’m weak.

Comment

It isn't easy! But it can be done. I quit cold turkey but my brother has tried many times and can't.

Comment

Great. Don’t know how you could get addicted to that nasty chit.

Comment

Working...
                              X