No announcement yet.

DRT Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine shot out of my vector turbo spot on. My vector will shoot slick trick grizz trick 2', razor tricks, muzzy phantoms and DRts all the same. Your bow may need some fine adjustments

Comment

I got both the single bevel and the double. Out of my set up the single bevel consistently hit four inches right at thirtyfive yards. The doubles were pretty close to my field points.
      I will be using them on my caribou hunt this week.

Comment

Well the problem is not the DRTs. I shot 5 different heads and had poor flight on all of them. Can a bow go out of tune??? Last deer season my broadheads were flying with my field points but now nothing flies true. What do i do now?

Comment

Yes, can get out of tune. Are the nocks and fletchings lined up so there is not contact anywhere? Are they all shooting off in a similar direction? If so, then broadhead tune by moving the rest to bring the fixed blades to the field points. If no pattern at all to the misses then contact may be the issue. If all else fails check your brace height and ata. If those are off or you can't get it dialed in then head to the shop.

Comment

The single bevel heads are scary sharp. I might need adult supervision!
            I like that the weight is adjustable. I can shoot them at 100 gr from my Spyder Turbo and 125 from the Buffalo recurve.

Comment

When I first got my DRTs (this time last year) I told them about TBH and I recommended that they look into becoming a supporter of the site. I did the same with Foreverlast after they did me right on some snake boots. Foreverlast became a TBH sponsor, but Dirtnapgear did not.

If you like their broadheads, drop them a note and see if you can get them to sponsor our addiction!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                Yes, can get out of tune. Are the nocks and fletchings lined up so there is not contact anywhere? Are they all shooting off in a similar direction? If so, then broadhead tune by moving the rest to bring the fixed blades to the field points. If no pattern at all to the misses then contact may be the issue. If all else fails check your brace height and ata. If those are off or you can't get it dialed in then head to the shop.
                My broadheads were all over the map, no pattern.

I have a couple arrows with shield cut feathers (was using regular feathers) that i just tried and all broadheads flew like darts, right with the field points (same arrow type, same everything, just different fletching). So that's good. I guess my bow is slightly out of tune and a slightly larger fletching was enough to fix the problem??? Either way, let it be known, the DRTs fly great and the issues I was having were not due to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                  When I first got my DRTs (this time last year) I told them about TBH and I recommended that they look into becoming a supporter of the site. I did the same with Foreverlast after they did me right on some snake boots. Foreverlast became a TBH sponsor, but Dirtnapgear did not.

If you like their broadheads, drop them a note and see if you can get them to sponsor our addiction!

I had seen awhile back that a new member was dirtnap_gear. Hopefully it's in the works

Comment

Ok finally got to try these out on a live target. Had a spike come in Saturday evening. 35 yards, just outside the feeder. Looking all cautious and stuff. But, he was standing broadside so I decided to see what these things can do. Here is the set up: Blind, shoot through mesh. 35 yards, broadside. 65 lb bow. Easton ST Axis n fused arrows. Nu Fletch system steering. Double lunged him. Ran about 40 yards and crashed hard. Easy blood trail to follow.

First pic is how I found him. Second pic is the Entrance hole. Third pic is the exit.

I guess I'll be buying more of these. Only downside I can see with them is they slice through the animals so fast that they hit the ground hard on the other side. I have to take a file to the blades to get the nicks out of it from hitting rocks after the pass through (not a bad problem to have) I shot a Tom Friday evening and the arrow passed through him, hit a rock on the ground, bounced up and stuck in a tree about 6 feet up.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good job, mine just came in can't wait to try them out.

Comment

Awesome review I might have to try these after all!

Comment

Dang gotta order some!

Comment

I'm seriously considering these, want to read some more reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryLegend View Post
                              I'm seriously considering these, want to read some more reviews.
                              Shot this hog with them great blood trails. Only complaints I have are the soft screws on the bevel that ties in broadhead together. They are sharp out of package but I like to run them on my work sharp 12000 grit belt and they get WAY SHARPER. the problem is when trying to take out the screw they strip. ( yes I am using the right size Allen wrench called them to confirm size). But I got they sharpener they offer and it works really well. Shaving sharp in just a few passes. To me the single bevel isn't that sharp either. All in all they are great head fly awesome it just doesn't bother me having to touch up the edge.

Hoyt 21
                              Attached Files

Comment

Anybody else with some carnage pics from DRT broadheads? I really want to try these, but not many examples of what they can do yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X