Grass feed beef for purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass feed beef for purchase?

Wife and I would like to possibly buy a half grass feed beef, maybe even a full beef depending on price. Anyone know a decent place to purchase this? I have purchased 2 half beefs in the past but my contact has moved and out of the beef market.

Barnard Cattle Company and Big Creek Cattle Company are a couple we’ve bought from. By far better than store bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Wife and I would like to possibly buy a half grass feed beef, maybe even a full beef depending on price. Anyone know a decent place to purchase this? I have purchased 2 half beefs in the past but my contact has moved and out of the beef market.
      I have a friend in snook, tx that will have I believe ready for slaughter next month. I can send you his information if you pm me.

Comment

I have one grass fed steer left, it has a date with the processor in February. No hormones, antibiotics 100% grass fed. Let me know if you if your interested.

Comment

Burgundy Pasture Beef has produced 100% Grass Fed Beef since 1999 and to this day remain inspired to offer a cuisine quality beef that is raised sustainably, with the healthful qualities nature intended. Taste the difference.

Comment

Kristen Tallman (Bob Tallman's voice of Houston Rodeo's daughter)

3T Beef
            Buckersrus@aol.com
            817-932-3561

Comment

Originally posted by cbrown View Post
              I have a friend in snook, tx that will have I believe ready for slaughter next month. I can send you his information if you pm me.
              Please send me his contact info. Thanks

Doug

Comment

me as well, please

Comment

Originally posted by BvR View Post
                  I have one grass fed steer left, it has a date with the processor in February. No hormones, antibiotics 100% grass fed. Let me know if you if your interested.
                  I've got a little left in the freezer a buddy and I had processed at Rail 19 out by you. It's the first time I've gotten beef like that and I won't buy store bought any more if I don't have to.

Ours was grain finished by another buddy and I love it

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    I've got a little left in the freezer a buddy and I had processed at Rail 19 out by you. It's the first time I've gotten beef like that and I won't buy store bought any more if I don't have to.

Ours was grain finished by another buddy and I love it

Comment

Be sure and get the Tight side. Of course you would have to know the beef and which side it prefers to lay on while it ruminates
                      Tight side is the tenderest and the side that the muscles don't get stretched as much. An old butcher told me this about 50 years ago but what do they know.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        Be sure and get the Tight side. Of course you would have to know the beef and which side it prefers to lay on while it ruminates
                        Tight side is the tenderest and the side that the muscles don't get stretched as much. An old butcher told me this about 50 years ago but what do they know.

Interesting. I have never heard that. So, the tight side is the side they lay on, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a 550lb calf for slaughter from rancher that I lease to for $650.
                          Can't wait for yummy grass fed beef.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                            Interesting. I have never heard that. So, the tight side is the side they lay on, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            No. The side they lay on is the loose side since the muscles get stretched more and are tougher. Some cattle prefer to lay on the left side where the rumen is located. Laying of that side supposed to help them regurgitate their cud easier.
                            Either way if you knew which side the beef prefers to lay on its supposed to give a clue as to which side is tenderest. May be just an old wives tale therefore no warranty implied. 4 years of AG in high school never touched on this subject

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              What was his old wife's name?

Comment

Working...
                              X