Rifle Purchase Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Purchase Help

I am finally going to pull the trigger and get me a shooter. Looking at Savage, Tikka, Remington, or custom. It will be left handed and probably in 6.5. Looking at spending about a grand on rifle and another 5 or 6 on glass. I can get discounts on Vortex and Trijicon with LE creds. What would you guys do?

Browning hells canyon is a really nice rifle.

Comment

Gonna be tough getting custom for a grand Tikka of your listed choices

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        Gonna be tough getting custom for a grand Tikka of your listed choices
        Yeah not gonna get to custom there, probably take twice that

Comment

Tikka or Savage. I was in the same position and couldnt find exactly what i wanted so i waited a little longer and now have a APR 300wm being built.

Comment

Browning with Leupold Glass would be my choice

Comment

As far as the custom rifle goes, I was talking to one of my buddies who is a gun nut and said that Jigsaw out of Giddings recently had one completely over the top for 2300. He was figuring a lot could have been shaved off that price and get one for closer to 1300 to 1400. May be off. I was going to talk to them and see.

Comment

Looked up the Tikka and only have two rifles available in left handed. The Wideland is awesome but not in LH.

Comment

Bergara with a vortex pst

Comment

Get a sako and get a legit hunting caliber like a 30-06 instead of 6.5

Save your $ on the glass and just get leupold or Zeiss in 3-9.

Comment

Another good option would be the Bergara b-14 HMR in left hand. If you wanted to cut down on weight you can sell the factory stock over on Snipers Hide or the Long Range Hunting Forum for $200 - $250 and swap in a light weight option. Vortex Viper PST Gen II or the Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 would be great options, Doug over at Cameraland has a display Ares on sale for 699 at the moment.

Comment

Maybe a Ruger Gunsite Scout in 308 cal?

Comment

I have a mark v accumark lefty in .257 weatherby I’m selling. $1200, it’s a shooter for sure and had less than a box down the barrel.

Can’t go wrong with tikka or Bergara

Comment

Tikka CTR. Bought one about a month ago and it is a legit 5/8 MOA rifle with factory ammo.

This is the first 5 rounds out of the second box of ammunition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                              Bergara with a vortex pst
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X