No announcement yet.

Might lose our lease - landowner passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If my son sells my ranch when I die I'm going to come back as a ghost and haunt him.

Comment

I am completely ignorant to wills/estates/trusts. Can a legal will set up through an attorney be contested? Instructions are very cut and dry in my situation, liquidate entire estate and split 3 ways.

I feel horrible for this lady. As for the OP... Lease hunting is no fun at all, that’s why we just go on invite now.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
        I am completely ignorant to wills/estates/trusts. Can a legal will set up through an attorney be contested? Instructions are very cut and dry in my situation, liquidate entire estate and split 3 ways.

I feel horrible for this lady. As for the OP... Lease hunting is no fun at all, that’s why we just go on invite now.
        Attorney-drafted Wills are contested all the time. Depends on the circumstances. Generally, grounds for contest include lack of formalities (less likely present with an attorney drafted and executed Will), fraud, mistake, undue influence, duress, things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
          Attorney-drafted Wills are contested all the time. Depends on the circumstances. Generally, grounds for contest include lack of formalities (less likely present with an attorney drafted and executed Will), fraud, mistake, undue influence, duress, things like that.
          Thank you for that info

Comment

It will take a long time to close even if they get a contract early don't worry about it just hunt this season and find a new place for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
              It will take a long time to close even if they get a contract early don't worry about it just hunt this season and find a new place for next year.
              Yes - unless they have buyer lined up, you are probably good for at-least the first half of the 2020 season. Doesn't sound too promising for 2021 though. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                I just got the call that we might lose our lease. 2020 can kiss my ***!
                The landowner passed away last week and his siblings are evidently scrambling to sell the place since they all owned it together. I feel horrible for his wife. She said that he wasn't buried for 2 hours and his family were fighting over who manages and gets what. I can't even imagine.

We've already paid our lease dues so I'm hopeful that I can keep them off for a season but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

If anyone has a track on a place with SHORT notice then please let me know. I can fill up to 4 spots right away.
                Hello, I made this account just to post this, I’ve been lurking for quite a while. I manage a property in Val Verde County and have spots available. PM me if interested.
                Last edited by BDekle; 09-02-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

To further my post, evidently being a brand new member makes you incapable of PM until you reach 15 posts. For more information- nine seven nine 479 four nine four zero.

Thanks, Brandon

Comment

I talked to Brandon, seems like a neat place they have. He is serious about adding a few new members.

Comment

Originally posted by coach51 View Post
                      I talked to Brandon, seems like a neat place they have. He is serious about adding a few new members.
                      I did as well and I agree. It's a lot further west than my group is used to but I'll chat with them and discuss a way forward. Thanks for posting Brandon.

Comment

Family is cruel and sometimes useless. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard the family bicker and argue over who gets what. What amazes me is that people are that shallow to think they deserve something they never worked for or earned.

Comment

Working...
                        X