No announcement yet.

DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great looking boat. Nothing about it looks homemade. Excellent job.

Comment

Absolutely amazing. I'm blown away by the talent of some on here. This is a helluva fine boat, Michael.

Comment

Phenomenal is the best word i can think of. Your hard work, dedication and patience really shows. Congratulations, you should be extremely proud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very impressive!

Comment

Something to ponder. The nav light on my john boat is on the cowling.

I dont like it

It broke and cracked the cowling when the tarp covering the boat filled with water

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Something to ponder. The nav light on my john boat is on the cowling.

I dont like it

It broke and cracked the cowling when the tarp covering the boat filled with water

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              It did the same thing on my Majek. I have a cover for the boat and a separate for this outboard so hopefully it will be all good. Plus that's how I wired it early on and no other logical place to install it cleanly.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                Very impressive!
                Thanks!

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                Phenomenal is the best word i can think of. Your hard work, dedication and patience really shows. Congratulations, you should be extremely proud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                Thank you, it has been a fun build.

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Absolutely amazing. I'm blown away by the talent of some on here. This is a helluva fine boat, Michael.
                Thanks! Just about everything I did on her was copied from someone else.

Originally posted by stickfigure View Post
                What a great looking boat. Nothing about it looks homemade. Excellent job.
                Thank you, that was my goal!

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                That is a slick look-n rig Michael! You should be well proud of it. Built in the USA by a Texan and US Vet!

Don't forget to throw a marine compass in there some where as a back-up to your electronics. I've literally have had them save my day in a heavy fog. And heaven forbid should you ever lose power to all of your electronics for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                  Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Thanks bud!

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                    Man this is coming together! What an awesome build and thank you for taking us along for the ride. Love the “E-Tech” sticker. That’s hilarious. Really doesn’t look like you made it in a garage. That boat could be on the showroom floor. Looking forward to its maiden voyage and hope I can catch you in Seadrift sometime and put my hands on Skipjack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Thank you! I figured, I rebuilt the outboard, gave her a new coat of paint, so why not slap on a more current graphic?

Comment

Very nice work, very impressive. Boat looks fantastic.
                      Last edited by JES; 08-13-2020, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Fantastic workmanship! Thanks for sharing the whole build!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bet the fish you catch out of that thing are going to be the best tasting you ever had. You should be very proud.

Comment

Thank y’all! This build has been a blast.

I have been searching high and low for a Shaw Wing but unfortunately they are not manufactured for my little 15 so what do I do? Now to start glassing the templates!

Comment

Now I wait...

4 layers of 10oz cloth and I wrapped the templates in plastic wrap prior to.

Comment

You think its necessary for that small of a boat? Seems like it should jump out the hole fairly quick without the cavitation plate, and it will cost you some speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X