Small Stick Burner Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Stick Burner Smoker

Now that we are in the camping game, I need a small portable smoker. I do not want to debate the pellet grill non-sense but it would be a LAST RESORT!! What do yall recommend that is less than 200# and will fit in the bed of a truck?

Academy brand (cant remember the name off hand). About $400, will last a few years before it burns out. I think I'm on year 4 and it's about used up.

Comment

Couldn’t find the weight but the small Oklahoma Joe is $300. My first one lasted me 8 years in direct sun and rain. I just bought another.

Comment

Can’t go wrong with an Ol Smokey

Comment

Are you looking for a smoker or grill? I have found a guy on Tic Tok in Borne that does a lot of videos with an open fire grill with some accessories. I want one for sure.

No vendemos felicidad, pero Ʃsto es lo mƔs parecido. Hacemos asadores y parrillas artesanales para tu hogar o comercio. ConocƩ todos nuestros modelos y accesorios Fuegos JL.

Comment

Get a vertical smoker, upright. Ok Joe makes one and BassPro used to sell a nice looking upright.https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/smok...offset-firebox
            I would look them over real well though before buying at BassPro.
            I have a cheap knock off version of an Ok Joe, bought t Home Depot, and it worked great for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
              Academy brand (cant remember the name off hand). About $400, will last a few years before it burns out. I think I'm on year 4 and it's about used up.
              /\/\ This would be the route I would go if I was you & you are willing to move around 200 lbs. It is an Old Country Pecos model, slightly heavier than 200lbs at 222lbs. It is all welded instead of nut/bolted & will fit in a truck bed no problem, I have one at the house and turns out some pretty good Que.

The Old Country BBQ Pits Pecos Coal Smoker features all-welded steel construction with heat-resistant paint for lasting use. Stainless-steel "stay cool" handles pro...
              Last edited by woodsbound; 07-27-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Check out the Weber Smokey mountain, well within your weight spec and makes excellent food!

Comment

Have you considered an UDS. (Ugly drum smoker)?

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
                    Have you considered an UDS. (Ugly drum smoker)?
                    Or a Kamado style. I have an Akorn that is going on probably 4-5 years now. They sell a jr size that would be good for travel

Professional grills and smokers. Seriously hard working grills.

Comment

Have TC here in the forum build you one. Cannon Smokers

Comment

Of you were close I would give you a vertical smoker from academy. Bought pellet smoker and its outside and free

Comment

Orion Cooker you will not use anything else again. Ribs, butts, brisket, chicken and absolutely the best turkey you will ever eat.

Comment

Vertical smoke.. Fancy UDS or Weber Smokey mountain

Comment

Hard to beat a cheap barrel pit. They run about $100 at HEB and they can flat cook. They come apart for transport and have a very large cooking surface.

Comment

Working...
                              X