Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Live2Hunt View Post
    Tom:

Post up a list of supplies, sources and any help you can. Some of us are wanting to build a leather quiver as well.

Thanks!

and mighty nice work right there!!!
    I'll do my best...

For the leather, I have been using this guy's store. I get the best quality leather for the cheapest price I can find anywhere.

You will need a piece of leather 12" by 36" in 11 to 15 oz. thickness so that it will be thick enough to retain it's shape instead of collapsing in the middle.

I took a piece of poster paper and made one until I got it right, then used the thing as a template to cut the pattern from the leather.

The holes that have the lacing that hold everything together are spaced at 1/2" spacing, from the top to the bottom. From the same store I mentioned above, you can buy a 48" strap that's 1' wide for the shoulder strap, and they also sell the leather lacing. The only other thing I can recommend is a sharp utility knife, a good hole punch, and if you need anything else just give me a shout. Would sure like to see some pictures.

Tom

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Great Job!!!!

Comment

Sweet! I've been thinking about trying something like this. Looks great.

Comment

Tom you have Skillz ... again thanks for sharing.

Comment

you did a fine job

Comment

fine job

Comment

Very impressive

Comment

great job.

Comment

I like it!! great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Kidwell View Post
                        I'll do my best...

For the leather, I have been using this guy's store. I get the best quality leather for the cheapest price I can find anywhere.

You will need a piece of leather 12" by 36" in 11 to 15 oz. thickness so that it will be thick enough to retain it's shape instead of collapsing in the middle.

I took a piece of poster paper and made one until I got it right, then used the thing as a template to cut the pattern from the leather.

The holes that have the lacing that hold everything together are spaced at 1/2" spacing, from the top to the bottom. From the same store I mentioned above, you can buy a 48" strap that's 1' wide for the shoulder strap, and they also sell the leather lacing. The only other thing I can recommend is a sharp utility knife, a good hole punch, and if you need anything else just give me a shout. Would sure like to see some pictures.

Tom
                        Thanks Tom, I have already sent an email to the guy for some stuff...

Comment

I'd like to see a build along, thread. Awesome quiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                            I'd like to see a build along, thread. Awesome quiver.
                            x2!

Looks great!

Comment

Personally Tom, I think it sucks, really ugly, bad craftsmanship and I think you shoud send it to me so you won't have to suffer any further embarrassment. On the real note. Really great work. You did a great job on that thing. I like that type of quiver especially for still hunting. No more reaching over your back for an arrow.

Comment

Got feedback on the parts, looks like its right around $130.00 in supplies with shipping. They said thanks for the referral Tom. I will order the parts in the next week or so and take some pictures as I work on it.

Thanks again Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                X