No announcement yet.

I am a moron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to feel extra comfortable, take a q-tip and run it over the limbs. It may snag any limb failure you don't necessarily feel with your fingers. If you don't have a q-tip, use the palm of your hand rather than your fingers and feel the inside and outside of the limbs. Inspect the string and cables for any stress.

Good luck. I've done it while practicing at the bow shop. After we checked it out and got the string back on the cams, I shot three into a 1/2 inch group at 20 yards just to show I'm not a complete moron. A redemption that won't probably happen again soon. It happens.

Edited because evidently I don't grammer too good.
    Last edited by jnd1959; 10-25-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

For peace of mind I would have it checked. Can't hurt.

Comment

I did this once during a league shoot. Visual check and finished shooting the round.

Afterward the shop owner asked to see my bow and he found than several strands of the string had broken under the serving.

You need to get checked and especially so if your still on the original string set.

Comment

Well I ain't done that.... YET..., but have had my own version of moronic symptoms... One mornin' this week, I made me a cup of coffee in the ol' Kurig machine, only I forgot to put my cup under the little squirty thing where the coffee comes out... came back in the kitchen to find coffee allover the cabinet and on the floor... Gettin' old ain't for sissies!!

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            Yes. Are you in my living room?
            I'm dying lol

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              I am a moron!
              I know!

Comment

Never forgot to knock an arrow, But I have gotten to my lease and not have any arrows with me, more than once in the same season.

Comment

Don't worry about it, happens to every one at some point. Years ago, long drive to hunt and brought my rifle but no ammo(: It happens.
                  R

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    I did this once during a league shoot. Visual check and finished shooting the round.

Afterward the shop owner asked to see my bow and he found than several strands of the string had broken under the serving.

You need to get checked and especially so if your still on the original string set.
                    Same here. I also had a cam stop tweaked.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                      It happens. I won’t name the person just did it that is a member on here. His Triax had to have limbs replaced.
                      Yeah, that was me. And it was a week before opening day! Thanks to Jim at Gateway for expressing limbs, and Randy at Fort Grard for doing the same with a set of Gas Strings and putting it all back together I had it back together in time to make the hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        Put me in the moron group. I've done it too.
                        Ditto....

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          visually check everything.. If all looks good put a arrow on it.. Draw it back real slow and make sure nothing derails. Give it a visual check at full draw.. If all looks good shoot it.. If it hits where you want go hunting..

I wouldnt go hunting without shooting it lol
                          This...

Comment

I think more have been there than are willing to admit it. A guy in my group at a 3d shoot did it. He didn't nock an arrow and none of the three of us standing right there noticed either - until the boom.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              I think more have been there than are willing to admit it. A guy in my group at a 3d shoot did it. He didn't nock an arrow and none of the three of us standing right there noticed either - until the boom.

I did it an ASA shoot in Paris. My favorite target at almost my favorite yardage.
                              I was so confident I was shooting the 12 ring I forgot the arrow.
                              My bow derailed bad. Launched my peep into orbit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, I did it too. 2 years ago. If you’ve shot it since, it’s probably ok.
                                Don’t do it again....

Comment

Working...
                                X