This gets old...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    Why doesn't TPWD up the number of turkey tags on the license and have 1, 2, and 3 Tom counties with 3 hen tags as well? Some counties have no turkeys and others are overrun with them like hogs.
    I bet I had a group of 100 come in on me a couple of weeks ago. At our place in Menard one evening I counted over 300 and then I couldnt keep up with them.

Comment

I can help anybody out if you let me hunt them in the spring with a shotgun. It doesn't help now but I can thin them out in the spring. I love to spring turkey hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
        Put up a sign that says "deer corn".
        There is always one in the crowd

Comment

We don't shoot them since they haven't been around for long, just a couple years, but they're worse than javelinas and hogs.

Comment

Corn buzzards, I hate those birds.

Comment

let them see you blink they will run like YOUR hair is on fire. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post

Only when they are actually the target animal. When I've been deer hunting I've had to throw stuff at em. [emoji35]

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  What?

Man, we had a lease in Robert Lee that was absolutely covered up in turkeys. Never thought I'd say it but they were a nuisance.
                  The deer didn't have a chance at eating when the feeders went off.
                  I don't doubt it. Typically I'll scare off turkeys as soon as they come in. Where I hunt in Edwards county I've had big groups of 30 birds come in and typically only 3 or 4 will hop on the fence and into the pen.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                    That only works about twice, I've got 20+/- yard pets that show up every year, they stop just short of tackling me and taking the feed scoop, let a stranger show up and you can't get them inside of 20 yds., on the bright side you'd only have to shoot about 2 of them to put the fear back.

Comment

build a feeder pen with hog panels- that seems to deter most of the ones we have. When they are in big flocks like that, they dont seem comfortable all being inside the pen so only a few will go inside. Once the corn is gone outside the pen, the group will move along and the inside birds will follow the flock leaving some corn behind.

Comment

Are turkeys scared of owls? Could put one of those fake owls down when you walk in, not sure if they are scared of owls though. IF it does work I wouldn't leave it out 24/7 or they will get used to it.

Comment

Mostly I move and they freak and run off.

This year I'd just like to see something living eating corn...

Comment

You can sell me a turkey hunt

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Most fun hunts of the year are Spring turkey
                              First valid answer to the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
                                First valid answer to the problem.

I couldn't disagree more. I've killed a bunch with my. I just don't get the fun in purposely goin after a thunder chicken. I mean if it's your thing get after it.

Comment

Working...
                                X