No announcement yet.

San Saba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Deer in my avatar showed up on camera the day after season ended. I watched him all year run across about a 300 acre field but could never get a shot at him.

Comment

Killed my first deer in San Saba.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post

Thats a couple of miles up river from us.

Comment

Originally posted by DDOYLE View Post
          We hunt north of Richland Springs off of hwy 45. Tons of hogs, good deer population, and last year I had about 4 axis that would regularly show up on camera. First time we had exotics in 26 years. Great hunting overall.
          I am not far from you and have yet to see any axis. Maybe this will be the year. Should would be cool to have some running around.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
            I am not far from you and have yet to see any axis. Maybe this will be the year. Should would be cool to have some running around.
            Well the ones on camera never had an arrow flown at them so I'm sure they are still around. you ever go up to the feedlot in Richland ? PM if you are ever headed that way i'll buy you a beer & talk huntin.

Comment

The pigs come in so thick you would think its buffalo(see profile pic). Not any exotics breeding in the wild but a Aoudad came running through my lane one day out of nowhere.

I really, really miss my lease South of San Saba.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post

As the crow flies we are only a couple miles, at most, apart.

Comment

Couple of deer from our old San Saba lease.We were off cr500 and on the river.Left in 2012 for Mexico.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X