2020 Blackland Prairies Thread Navarro, Hill, Ellis, Freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Blackland Prairies Thread Navarro, Hill, Ellis, Freestone

Alright, weather is cooler, bucks are rubbed out and seem to be on the move. I have had a coupe new bucks show up in the last two weeks so they seem to be moving to their fall/winter grounds. I did alot of shredding and planting couple weeks ago and plots are blowing up. I still need to get some stand setups done for some new spots. I'm planning to hunt at the ranch more this yr in hopes of bagging the first ranch deer in navarro this yr. Acorns are heavy in some trees and non existent in others. But they are beginning to fall. Hopefully they play out quick.

Who is in the hunt out there this yr?

i was up at our place wknd before last, took a big bore out of the pool and pulled some cards. Bucks were still bachelored up. heading back up saturday to check on things and maybe plant a plot. mostly getting ready for youth wknd, i don't shoot any deer at our place for the most part i leave them to the kids and I manage pigs.
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

Did you hunt today?
        Heading up this afternoon to get some work done
        Curious if any animals moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m at my lease out west this weekend. I don’t usually start hunting Navarro till mid October depending on weather. I’m gonna roll back out mid week to feed and check cams again.

Comment

Hunted NE Navarro County this morning deer moved threw the night right up to 6am.

Comment

I went out yesterday to pull cards, and get a few things ready. Won’t be able to hunt until mid October.

Comment

I’m betting it will be pretty slow most of October with all the recent rain and the acorns starting to drop.

Comment

Sat yesterday evening
                  Had a nice young 8 come by
                  Saw a few does this evening
                  May try to get back next wknd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We had deer moving all weekend. Had 8 bucks in front of us last night for about 45min. I shot the buck I was after Saturday morning at 9:30.

My buddy shot his this morning at 8:30ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang, leave some for the rest of us, lol.
                      Congrats

Comment

Dang, leave some for the rest of us, lol.
                        Congrats
                        LOL....There are still plenty out there. We had a 3yr old come in that is probably 5" wider than the one I shot, he has short tines though. We will be something special as long as the neighbors dont shoot him.

Comment

I hunted Friday and Saturday with no luck. Seeing good bucks on camera but mostly at night.
                          We saw a couple of bucks chasing does around the property. Rut should be kicking off soon.
                          I just wish it wasn’t 95 degrees outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and daughter are gonna roll out for a pm hunt today, mainly looking for pigs. It’s gonna be hot for sure. Was out yesterday and it’s getting dry already, some of my food plot growth is getting yellow leaves. Avon’s are raining down every where. I’d like to get a windy thunderstorm to get some rain and knock down the acorns. Prob won’t get good for us for a few more weeks.

Comment

Any luck?

Me and daughter are gonna roll out for a pm hunt today, mainly looking for pigs. It’s gonna be hot for sure. Was out yesterday and it’s getting dry already, some of my food plot growth is getting yellow leaves. Avon’s are raining down every where. I’d like to get a windy thunderstorm to get some rain and knock down the acorns. Prob won’t get good for us for a few more weeks.
                              Anything moving?

Comment

Working...
                              X