No announcement yet.

Protestant Sex Abuse Scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To some degree I understand the argument of “there are bad people in every profession” but there is a big difference between a child molester who is a CPA/electrician/grocery clerk and a child molester who is a YOUTH PASTOR! Yes they are made of the same crooked human timber as the rest of us but I don’t think it’s too much to ask to hold them to a higher standard. Imperfect human? Fine but how about at a minimum YOU DONT DIDDLE THE KIDS YOU HAVE BEEN ENTRUSTED WITH? This kinda stuff does incalculable damage and not just to the kids involved. It confirms the skeptic’s worst opinions about organized religion, faith communities and faith in general. These kinds of stories push the fence-riders off the fence in the wrong direction

Comment

Crickets. Lmao.

Comment

Organized religion is man made and evil. Most Christians I know need to sit down and re-read their bibles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

But many would argue that the 1st organized Christian religion was made by a man named Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            Crickets. Lmao.
            You aint never lied! This thread is not even close to the Catholic thread was.........ouch!!!

Comment

So does anyone believe that the percentage of deviants in the church are going to be any different tg than in society in general?

Gary

Comment

I was talking to some neighbors tonight who left the Catholic church over this. It affected our decision to do the same.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is prevalent in church environments.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  You aint never lied! This thread is not even close to the Catholic thread was.........ouch!!!
                  SBC churches are autonomous congregations.

The Catholic Church is not. The systemic coverup in the Catholic Church is in a completely different category.

These SBC issues fall at feet of the individual church leaders involved and in no way reflect on the denomination as a whole.

Comment

The Point

The point of my post was that we are in the middle of a spiritual war. We need to pray for all priests, preachers, pastors, ministers, etc.

We can bury our heads in the sand and tell ourselves, "No big. This is a problem they're having, not us." Or we can join the fray through prayer (one of the most powerful weapons given to us by God).

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      The point of my post was that we are in the middle of a spiritual war. We need to pray for all priests, preachers, pastors, ministers, etc.

We can bury our heads in the sand and tell ourselves, "No big. This is a problem they're having, not us." Or we can join the fray through prayer (one of the most powerful weapons given to us by God).
                      Amen.

Comment

The thought of snip em, clip em and feed them to the hogs comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post

We can bury our heads in the sand and tell ourselves, "No big. This is a problem they're having, not us."
                          ............and that was the EXACT point of my post! Pervasive and systemic within the religions of the world no matter how it is sliced, diced and interpreted.

Comment

Working...
                          X