The Wall, another opinion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    You are assuming the land owners don't want the wall.

I'll assume most land owners are sick and tired of dealing with the illegals and drug smugglers.
    I'm sure farmers & ranchers are tired of the problem but do they wanna loose their property, would you give up your home & property ???

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      Just talking and not arguing. What if you had no problem on your property. I'm just curious. I own property on the Colorado river in Mills county. It would hurt me bad on grazing for livestock if they moved the fence 100 yards from the river. No big deal.
      Ranchers will still be able to get water through underground piping as I understand it. Utilities still run under some portions of the existing wall.

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
        I'm sure farmers & ranchers are tired of the problem but do they wanna loose their property, would you give up your home & property ???
        Who is giving up their home and property?

My understanding is the wall will be about a 100yds from the river. That's hardly giving up your home. They will be compensated for the property needed to secure the country.

Neither of us are landowners down their, so in reality, neither of us can realistically make an informed decision on if landowners are for or against giving up some land to secure the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          My understanding is the wall will be about a 100yds from the river. That's hardly giving up your home.
          It will depend. They will build the wall in straight lines. Some will lose more than others. But again, they will probably put in gates for those who insist (probably through a lawyer).

The land that I was looking at that is on the other side of the wall was relatively inexpensive so maybe there will be some deals to be had on some riverfront properties. Who knows, maybe some TBH'ers will snag some good hunting property.

Comment

Working...
          X