Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air traffic controllers going to food banks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air traffic controllers going to food banks!

LOL.. I swear the media is getting so stupid it feels like I'm dreaming.

What percent of idiots watching TV believe that air traffic controllers who make 125k per year have to take their families to homeless shelters for food after missing one paycheck?

Then I heard the media saying they had to get second jobs, like waiting tables, to make ends meet LOL

Would it even be possible to make that much money and blow every penny without having something to fall back on or pawn off?

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

What percent of idiots watching TV believe that air traffic controllers who make 125k per year have to take their families to homeless shelters for food after missing one paycheck?

Then I heard the media saying they had to get second jobs, like waiting tables, to make ends meet LOL

Would it even be possible to make that much money and blow every penny without having something to fall back on or pawn off?
    yes it would. I see it all the time.

Comment

Lots of controllers make way less than 125k

Comment

Who are these air traffic controllers going to food bank? What are their names? Let us dig further into them for 5 seconds to show you why their REALLY in the situation their in

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
          Lots of controllers make way less than 125k
          Not just that but 125k in DC is not the same as 125K in Jasper.
          There are folks that make $200k per year and if they miss two paychecks they are screwed.
          Too big of a mortgage.
          2 kids at AWTY or Kincaid
          Boat payment
          2 luxury cars
          Supporting in-laws
          Law/Medical school tuition loans

And the list goes on

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Who are these air traffic controllers going to food bank? What are their names? Let us dig further into them for 5 seconds to show you why their REALLY in the situation their in
            Easy.
            Becausethey didn't get their last paycheck as they expected.
            I won't go to a food bank if I missed two paychecks but I won't say that my household won't notice.
            I have the same amount of output but receive zero input?
            Yeah, my checking account will notice.

Comment

Better them than illegals!

Comment

125K while a good income, if it is a single income family that money will be gone fast if there is a mortgage, 2 car payments, insurance, taxes, and normal monthly bills. It would probably take 2-3 months disposable income to cover monthly fixed cost. This is why financial advisers always want 6 months wages in reserve. But I rarely see anyone with more than a couple months savings that is liquid. 95% probably in the same boat as those controllers.

Comment

Govt employees not getting paychecks... name ONE financial institute/bank that would not approve them of a loan in the amount of their paycheck with little to zero interest. Media like always trying to paint their narrative.

Comment

What about the guys in the oil patch or coal, that get laid off because of the government?

You know like as a direct result of government regulation.

“We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.” Said Hillary Clinton.

Comment

Some airports are operated by private or contracted personal those companies are not being paid & employees are not paid scale. High traffic cities & what sector you work dictates your pay, I retired (after 26 years) from ATC Miami Center where aircraft take off & land every 45 seconds. Staring pay 12 years ago 70K to 180K

Comment

I know a couple of air traffic controllers and they don’t make anywhere near 125k
                        But at the same time they are still paid enough to not have to resort to a food bank.

Comment

While the average is right around the number you specified, trainees can be paid less than $20k a year, and entry level positions can be as low as 30-60K / yr. So it'll be the newer guys who have the most trouble.

Comment

I doubt there were more than a handful of the thousands around the country. Lots of folks live well beyond their means.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              Not just that but 125k in DC is not the same as 125K in Jasper.
                              There are folks that make $200k per year and if they miss two paychecks they are screwed.
                              Too big of a mortgage.
                              2 kids at AWTY or Kincaid
                              Boat payment
                              2 luxury cars
                              Supporting in-laws
                              Law/Medical school tuition loans

And the list goes on
                              That’s terrible money management. Nothing to do with where they live

Comment

Working...
                              X